Yes Running late today

Lking

@RobiBue I needed that. Power back ~ 13 hrs. My batteries lasted however the cell towers didn't so no power, internet, cel hotspot or heat. Could have used a stranger 😉  Lose of a few organized electrons and its back to the stone age burning wood to heat the cave.

Cell tower did come back with the power. Yes it is my choice to live here. Power company had a double failure. Fixed the first one an arrester failed (caused by high winds) turned thing back on and a transformer failed blowing fuses again. That took longer to fix.

Judy was a hart throb back in the day when I was young and ...

;)

18 hours ago, Lking said:

[...] Could have used a stranger 😉  Lose of a few organized electrons and its back to the stone age burning wood to heat the cave.

[...]

Judy was a hart throb back in the day when I was young and ...

or an option: coal from the locomotives (they are not used atm I believe), build a steam generator, use snow (melted) for steam and viola, you got yourself some power ;) and heat too 😀

... when we were young 😁

I take it power or internet is out again... back to basic life it is ;)

3 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

Maybe we should have a text based like the days of old when we used a terminal window.  Back then bandwidth was precious.

I remember when I could type faster than the link could take the data. ... I will pass on the "Good old days." I will admit to some nostalgia for talking directly to the CPU registers instead of a blotted OS.

• 2 months later...

Thanks @RobiBueReally not that cold. Temps in the low 20°s but a 10 m/h wind has blown all day with gust 25-30 m/h. Un-drifted snow is about 36" total. AND winter has just started.

The best to you and your's in the year to come.

Translation: 20°F - -7°C,  10 m/h - 16 km/h,   25-30 m/h - 40-48km/h,  36" - 91cm (Americans are so egocentric!)

20 hours ago, Lking said:

Thanks @RobiBueReally not that cold. Temps in the low 20°s but a 10 m/h wind has blown all day with gust 25-30 m/h. Un-drifted snow is about 36" total. AND winter has just started.

The best to you and your's in the year to come.

Translation: 20°F - -7°C,  10 m/h - 16 km/h,   25-30 m/h - 40-48km/h,  36" - 91cm (Americans are so egocentric!)

nah, just like to keep a nonstandard standard array of measurements

so there's a yard of snow in the backyard ;) give or take ... or 🦶 🦶🦶 😁

but then, given it's in the 267K range, that could be expected 😆