The smtp server can not or will not send messages

from (al[at]tucson-webdesign.com[at]tucson-webdesign.com>

The problem occured while trying to send the email to

submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

end error message:

Whats obviuously ReaL weird is the email addy it shows

>al[at]tucson-webdesign.com[at]tucson-webdesign.com

I use a spam product called Mailwasher, it prefetches email, sorts spam from friendly email, then starts my email client after it does its thing, It has a section in its options for sending spam to Spamcop, and its configured with the address given to me by Spamcop. Im lost. Im a paid menber

Second Edit: Wazoo removed this user's Submit: address .. added in the EDIT note.

User comes back, edits this post, removes my EDIT note, doesn't appear to amswer anything in my following post, but adds in a bunch more content.

What exactly would you want someone "here" to do about your SMTP failure?

Have you talked to your ISP?

Are you saying what you mean?

Are you suggesting that yet another ISP needs to be added to the list in the FAQ entry titled E-Mail spam submittals blocked by your ISP? Updated! ????

Did you really also provide your "real" e-mail address?

As stated in my second edit of your first post, you need to help us help you ... editing your previous post after a response has been supplied and then not actually talking to the response (I won't talk about the deletion of my original EDIT: comment) is not a step in the right direction.

The question about your "real" e-mail address was actually two-fold ... first that it is mal-formed, second that you posted it in the clear ... that you now want to "blame" Mailwasher appears to be on-track, suggesting that you need to check the configuration settings in that application, if that's where you think the problem is ...???? The error message you seem to be suggesting points directly to that address as being "bad" ....

Probability: input box asks for "user name" .. you inserted the entire e-mail address .... next box asks for the domain part of the e-mail address and you inserted "tucson-webdesign.com" .... end result, the entire e-mail address being prepended to the domain name, thus the duplication of data and the refusal to Send the e-mail out.

• 3 weeks later...

What is your problem Wazoo, and how many decades have you relished your hate of Humanity?

You are not only wrong on ALL your assumptions, you also an AS****LE SUPREME.

Stay away from my posts, I dont want what you have.

What exactly would you want someone "here" to do about your SMTP failure?

Have you talked to your ISP?

Are you saying what you mean?

Are you suggesting that yet another ISP needs to be added to the list in the FAQ entry titled E-Mail spam submittals blocked by your ISP? Updated! ????

Did you really also provide your "real" e-mail address?

31728[/snapback]

EDIT: profanity not necessary

<snip>Stay away from my posts, I dont want what you have.

32314[/snapback]

Actually, Wazoo is Admin here, I don't think you get to say what he does or doesn't do. Be that as it may, your case isn't like that discussed in the FAQ http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=18297 ? Wazoo also offered up a possible explanation of the weird (completely malformed) address al[at]tucson-webdesign.com[at]tucson-webdesign.com> That doesn't fit either? Do you have any other explanation? Running through all of this, it doesn't seem to be anything that SpamCop has anything to do with (other than being the intended recipient of your spam submissions). What does your ISP have to say about the problem?

As it says at the head of each forum page "The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)" We are united by our "dislike" of spam and would help if we could but so far there doesn't seem to be anything for "us" to do.

What is your problem Wazoo, and how many decades have you relished your hate of Humanity?

Please re-read the post that seemed to tick you off, noting that I was responding to your first post while you were re-writing it, and I had to edit that post yet again on your behalf. And still, questions aren't answered.

You are not only wrong on ALL your assumptions, you also an AS****LE SUPREME.

Exactly where do read "assumptions" in the list of questions and a possible suggestion or two?

Stay away from my posts, I dont want what you have.

EDIT: profanity not necessary

32314[/snapback]

And even with all this, the "help us help you" bit is totally ignored.

The need to edit each of your posts thus far makes some decisions come easy.

I use a spam  product called Mailwasher, it prefetches email, sorts spam from friendly email, then starts my email client after it does its thing, It has a section in its options for sending spam to Spamcop, and its configured with the address given to me by Spamcop. Im lost. Im a paid menber

31727[/snapback]

Mailwasher is apparently broken and misconfigures your address for submiting spam to SpamCop. You need to contact the software writer

This has been reported before. I installed the latest mailwasher Pro and this graphic shows what happens (I munged my submit address by painting it blue)

Mailwasher is apparently broken and misconfigures your address for submiting spam to  SpamCop. You need to contact the software writer

This has been reported before. <snip>

32330[/snapback]

Outstanding work petzl. (Pity 'bout the Swans, heh heh) You are referring to John 1000's request for help in http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...topic=4798&st=0 ? Neither seems to be resolved to any degree for the respective OPs, guess because it is primarily a MailWasher / ISP issue. Is the MailWasher forum not likely to be a better venue for resolution (which is what you are saying, yes?). I note http://castlecops.com/f50-Mailwasher_Troub...ng_General.html with a recent topic http://castlecops.com/t132281-SpamCop_wants_a_password.html looking to similar or associated issues (hard for me to tell, knowing the application thus far only through suffering from its misuse in the hands of one or two inept users).

You are referring to John 1000's request for help in http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...topic=4798&st=0 ?

32404[/snapback]

Yes I installed MailWasher to see (now uninstalled)

I have to use a full email address as login Then this happens

MailWasher (while detecting spam) misconfigures your reply address when you wish to submit to SpamCop

In this case MailWasher becomes a email client and the SMTP will not except the misconfigured return address

This is something the software writer needs to look into

Again for $30 a year one can get automated spam & Virus free email to their inbox just by getting The only email address you will ever need

In conclusion, would it be fair to say that the following need to combine in order to reproduce this problem?

• fire trust's MailWasher Pro 5.0 is in use on the User's computer (what other version(s) does this problem affect?)
  • The User is attempting to use MailWasher to report spam via SpamCop
  • The User's POP Account (at POPservername) requires use of full email address (Mailusername[at]Domainname) in Username Field for allowing MailWasher to examine the User's mail (because POPservername supports accounts at multiple Domainnames). Have the Users tried Mailusername%Domainname or Mailusername%40Domainname instead of Mailusername[at]Domainname yet?
  • MailWasher insists on sending mail from Username[at]POPservername (in this case, Mailusername[at]Domainname[at]POPservername), rather than having a new field Emailaddress
  • The User's SMTP Server disallows sending mail from Mailusername[at]Domainname[at]POPservername

In Petzl's case, I believe the variables were assigned as follows:

POPservername: pop.spamcop.net

Mailusername: petzl

Domainname: spamcop.net

Username: petzl[at]spamcop.net (munged for the web)

MAIL FROM Address: petzl[at]spamcop.net[at]pop.spamcop.net

Proposed Emailaddress: petzl[at]spamcop.net

Thanks!

Archived