Missing Emails in Webmail

gregw

I just bought my wife an account on Spamcop after using it myself for over a year. I've forwarded all her emails to this account, but now have a weird problem.

She used my PC to login to her webmail at spamcop to read her email but doesn't do anything with them. She logs out from my PC and then login again to spamcop webmail from her own PC a few hours later. Some emails she remembers seeing when she logged in earlier from my PC are now missing in webmail. However, she can still download these "missing" emails using Eudora and Pop3. :blink:

Another problem is that the downloaded email with attachements are all screwed up and cannot be properly extracted from Eudora. Just FYI, the attachements are named using chinese (Big5) encoded names.

Is there a problem with Spamcop not being able to handle double byte characters?

I've already emailed support <at> spamcop <dot> net, but since this is urgent, I'm also posting here to see if anyone else has any idea what's going on.

I use spamcop webmail and Eudora as well. If you could forward a message or two with the questionable character set I could check for duplication of the problem. You could also do this yourself, of course using your own account. Contact me via PM if you want the account to send to.

As far as the missing messages, I don't know what to say. I have never seen any problem with messages not being shown.

Some questions first to help us better guess at the problem.

How do the messages get to your SpamCop account:

1) forwarded by ISP (is it set to leave copies on the server)

2) POPed by SpamCop (is it set to leave copies on the server)

3) sent direct to SpamCop address

When you POP message using Endora from SpamCop is it set to leave copies on the server?

When you POP from home, which server(s) are you actually POPing (the original ISP / SpamCop / both)

Some questions first to help us better guess at the problem.

How do the messages get to your SpamCop account:

1) forwarded by ISP (is it set to leave copies on the server)

2) POPed by SpamCop  (is it set to leave copies on the server)

3) sent direct to SpamCop address

When you POP message using Endora from SpamCop is it set to leave copies on the server?

When you POP from home, which server(s) are you actually POPing (the original ISP / SpamCop / both)

32299[/snapback]

I have all her email forwarded from her office to the spamcop account. No copies on the office server. She gets a lot of spam to her address/domain.

I just tried Eudora to Pop3 her spamcop email account from my PC, and now, the "missing" emails she previously downloaded on her Eudora are missing as well... :huh: Hmmm... Looks like Eudora may have selectively downloaded/deleted her emails. I've just checked her Eudora setting and it is set to "Leave all mail" on the server... :blink:

Oh well, guess it isn't a Spamcop Webmail issue for now... I think it may have been a forwarding/transition issue as this was just setup yesterday.. We'll see if she encounters any more problems today and I'll post here to let you know.

Thanks for the replies.

Does she have any Endora filters active? If so, check the filter settings to be sure none of them are deleting mail or moving it to some strange location that may not be noticed when looking for messages.

Archived