must be reported within 1 day...

RobiBue

well, this seems to be new. I used to be able to report within two days (I think it used to be less than 48 hrs) but now. when I don't have time to report "right off the bat" ( I also have a life outside spam fighting) the spam is old and stale after 24 hours...

Thank you Cisco/Ironport for throwing me under the bus. I guess my spam fighting time is over....

Bad move 👎

Sorry, this email is too old to file a spam report. You must report spam within 1 days of receipt. This mail was received on Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:57:39 -0800

Message is 36 hours old

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6786521132zfa608a49023b1c68b7755922fa18db6cz

and 7 to 8 hrs prior to this message: just barely over 24 hours.... This change will affect many of my submissions as I submit them when I log on, but don't always have time to report them right after they are ready...

10 hours ago, RobiBue said:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6786521132zfa608a49023b1c68b7755922fa18db6cz

and 7 to 8 hrs prior to this message: just barely over 24 hours.... This change will affect many of my submissions as I submit them when I log on, but don't always have time to report them right after they are ready...

Sorry, this email is too old to file a spam report. You must report spam within 1 days of receipt
Thanks. I just send as attachment to Microsoft from Gmail does not seem to deter this spammer clown.

Edited by petzl

Mine says that too. (It also comes up for previously reported reports that are older than a day.) I remember when it was 72 hours (to accomodate the weekend) and they dropped it to 48 hours. It was 48 hours in October, so not sure if this is one thing they changed during the server "upgrade" on 18 Oct 2022.

It seems that the reporting is no longer helpful. I can report in less than an hour and I am getting things from the same sites over and over, and the SpamCop SBL does not stop them. It is wanting me to refuel, as it seems to no longer help not sure it makes sense to spend the money and the time. Looking at the stats over the last 30 minutes and there is one.