ExactTarget - does and does not want reports?

Hanco

They seem confused!

”Reporting unwanted messages as spam: If you don't recognize who used the ExactTarget service to send you a given message, you can report it to us as spam by sending it (or, in the case of a non-email message, by sending an explanation) to abuse@exacttarget.com. We receive, investigate, catalog, and take appropriate action based on complaints we receive. Alternatively, or in addition, feel free to report the message to a spam reporting entity. For example, Spamcop at www.spamcop.net provides an easy way to report unwanted mail as spam.

But when you report a spam email sent by an ExactTarget sender’s IP address, this is the result:

( z_User_Notification ) To:abuse#exacttarget.com@devnull.spamcop.net

Devnull because they don’t want the report?

On 3/6/2023 at 9:20 PM, Hanco said:

They seem confused!

But when you report a spam email sent by an ExactTarget sender’s IP address, this is the result:

( z_User_Notification ) To:abuse#exacttarget.com@devnull.spamcop.net

Devnull because they don’t want the report?

What I did recently was report it through SC and then send a manual abuse report to the abuse address with a link to the SC URL mentioning that the report address is being dev/nulled either due to bounces or because they don't want reports from SC (or because they don't act upon reports)

...still waiting for a report confirmation from them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 3/9/2023 at 4:54 AM, RobiBue said:

What I did recently was report it through SC and then send a manual abuse report to the abuse address with a link to the SC URL mentioning that the report address is being dev/nulled either due to bounces or because they don't want reports from SC (or because they don't act upon reports)

...still waiting for a report confirmation from them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you know what date you did that?

I’ll repeat the same and ask them. I’ll refer them here to this thread too.

it’s not ok to have two faces on something like this, but there could be a simple explanation, maybe.