Reporting Submissions Blocked by "5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 'timeout'"

zen4dummies

When I first started using spamcop I got a response from each submission. That dropped down to about 15% after a few months. I tried to go through this forum to get some idea of what might be causing the problem and got a lot of flames from wazoo. I contacted the people that run spamcop and they said that I was doing everything right and suggested that my ISP (pop3 server) had filtering that was causing the problem. The ISP said nothing had changed so I concluded that maybe my SMTP server is doing some filtering. I didn't attempt to get a fix at that level because I live in Bangkok and talking about technical problems with a Thai is very difficult, so I decided it was best to accept the situation.

A new problem has cropped up:

1. I submit spam

2. I get a response (Is this really spam?)

3. I click on Submit Now

and the deed is done.

The new problem is that, now, after step 3 I get another email that says:

The following message to <submit.*my hex number*[at]spam.spamcop.net> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 'timeout'

*my hex number* is the code that spamcop assigned me

Does anyone have a fix or a suggestion?

Thanks, zen

When I first started using spamcop I got a response from each submission.  That dropped down to about 15% after a few months.  I tried to go through this forum  to get some idea of what might be causing the problem and got a lot of flames from wazoo.

32923[/snapback]

...This last comment almost prompted me to stop reading your post. Wazoo flames no one who does not come here with an attitude first. He does point people to the FAQ, ask questions and make suggestions in a manner that some seem to interpret as confrontational but they are not. The rest of your post redeemed you in my eyes ... wish you hadn't thrown in this totally unnecessary bit....
<snip>

1.  I submit spam

2. I get a response (Is this really spam?)

3.  I click on Submit Now

and the deed is done. 

The new problem is that after step 3 I get another email that says:

The following message to <submit.*my hex number*[at]spam.spamcop.net> was undeliverable.

*my hex number* is the code that spamcop assigned me

32923[/snapback]

...Can you tell from whom this "undeliverable" e-mail came? If it was SpamCop, this will probably have to be escalated to the SpamCop Deputies. If not, then you'll need to ask someone at that source.

Moderators,

...Please consider breaking this sub-thread out to its own thread, as it does not appear to have anything to do with the topic in this thread. TY

Moderators,

...Please consider breaking this sub-thread out to its own thread, as it does not appear to have anything to do with the topic in this thread.  TY

32927[/snapback]

Done. I split the Posts above from the Filtering Problems? Topic and the SpamCop Email System & Accounts Forum, where they didn't belong. Thanks for the heads-up!

When I first started using spamcop I got a response from each submission.  That dropped down to about 15% after a few months.  I tried to go through this forum  to get some idea of what might be causing the problem and got a lot of flames from wazoo.  I contacted the people that run spamcop and they said that I was doing everything right and suggested that my ISP (pop3 server) had filtering that was causing the problem.  The ISP said nothing had changed so I concluded that maybe my SMTP server is doing some filtering.

Interesting ... a songle Topic/Discussion that younever bothered to follow up to. Your "contacting the folks that run SpamCop" results directly match the FAQ entry I'd (and Jeff G.) suggested in that original Topic of yours. And after all this time, you suggest that the issue is still in question ?????

I didn't attempt to get a fix at that level because I live in Bangkok and talking about technical problems with a Thai is very difficult, so I decided it was best to accept the situation. 

Simple troubleshooting procedures have been offered to test the possible outgoing filtering actions by your ISP. But again, apparently pointing you to that info would be seen as yet more flames?

32923[/snapback]

Nothing out of the ordinary .... a thing called a Tracking URL ... such that the item being talked about can be "seen" .... Again the FAQ, the Glossary, the data in your submittal/response, etc .....

BTW: moving this recently moved Topic out of the "How to Use..." forum and placing it into the "Reporting Help" Forum ....

Archived