This Forum application and the lowly Admin

Wazoo

To begin with, that the Moderating team we've got here has been working so hard and well, I've been taking time to do other things. Some of this was a bit ignored, as version 2.1 was 'just around the corner' ... that went on for quite a while ... there were a number of Beta's released, then a pre-final, then a final, then .... story is that with yet another employee recently hired at the IPB Virginia office (programmer type) that Matt will get some help on the coding, and version 2.1.2 is was allegedly to be this week (not seen yet) ... JT hasn't been convinced that this upgrade is needed thus far (maybe for the better at this point, based on the issues raised by folks that trashed their Forum by ignoring the advice and applying the upgrade to their live systems) ...

With all this in mind, started attempting to do some modification of the existing code, actually using some of the options/capabilities of this thing ... funny thing is, I/we are still finding issues / problems / bugs in this code (version 2.0.4) .... recent items actioned;

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...72&bug_cat_id=3

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...97&bug_cat_id=1

I can't stress enough that the day-to-day support offered in here is done by folks volunteering their time, energy, and knowledge. Unlike myself, the Moderators actually have 'real' jobs (and rumored to even have real lives <g>) Most of the other folks that jump in often to respond to queries probably fall into this situation also <g> Somehow, it doesn't appear to me that this fact gets noticed by most of the folks arriving here to raise their complaints, questions, and issues. And obviously missed by a number of folks is that the Moderating team folks don't have any 'special' powers to 'fix' anything going on with the SpamCop.net system, other than perhaps the 'name' recognition that comes from sending so many things 'upstream' to make sure that the folks that do have system access are "in the know" ....

The point attempting to get out here is that there's a lot of things going on in the background ... and the stuff that is visible is being done by folks that get reimbursed for their efforts by nothing more that the 'warm, fuzzy' that someone's problem was answered / resolved. (noting that there are folks out there that even deprive others of even this token bit of satisfaction by never following up with the info on whether the answer was actually found or not ... let's not bring up the folks that get a valid answer but are unhappy with that data <g>)

So once again, thanks folks for being / getting involved!

<snip>

The point attempting to get out here is that there's a lot of things going on in the background ... and the stuff that is visible is being done by folks that get reimbursed for their efforts by nothing more that the 'warm, fuzzy' that someone's problem was answered / resolved.

<snip>

33809[/snapback]

...Also getting to show off a bit. :) <g>
So once again, thanks folks for being / getting involved!

33809[/snapback]

...You're welcome but what I do compared to what the other Moderators and you do is pretty piddly. I can only hope it helps a little.

Archived