AOL blocked me!

Rus

Hey, i recieved a bounced email today saying

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

host mailin-02.mx.aol.com [***.***.***.**]: 554- (RTR:SC) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rtrsc.html

554- AOL does not accept e-mail transactions from IP addresses which

554- generate complaints or transmit unsolicited bulk e-mail.

554 Connecting IP: ***.***.**.**

i have scanned my IP in the spamcop list and it's not listed.

My server was used 2 weeks ago to send out a large amount of spam, i closed the user down and it has stopped since.

what is the best way to get AOL to remove my server IP from their list

Hey, i recieved a bounced email today saying

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

host mailin-02.mx.aol.com [***.***.***.**]: 554- (RTR:SChttp://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rtrsc.html

554- AOL does not accept e-mail transactions from IP addresses which

554- generate complaints or transmit unsolicited bulk e-mail.

554  Connecting IP: ***.***.**.**

i have scanned my IP in the spamcop list and it's not listed.

My server was used 2 weeks ago to send out a large amount of spam, i closed the user down and it has stopped since.

what is the best way to get AOL to remove my server IP from their list

34277[/snapback]

This is SpamCop AOL is down the hall ------> ;)

as you have chosen to munge the IP nobody here can help you: there are hundreds of blocklists, SpamCop is just one of them G.O.K. which lists AOL are using.

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...ng=69.90.172.44

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day ......... 0.0 .. -100%

Last 30 days ... 3.2 .... 652%

Average ......... 2.4

Hmmm, and the reasons behind these numbers might be ...?????

Possubly: Date of first message seen from this address 2005-08-10 ????

Moving to the Lounge, as there is no indication of SpamCop involvement at this time ....

no accusations being made here ... just explaiining the "typical" spammer scenario in numbers like above ....

Spammer starts operation on a 'new' system ... traffic ramps up .. complaints start showing up, IP gets blocked .. spammer says "no problem" and moves operations over to another "new" system (IP address) ... (thus explaining the 'drop to zero' mode) .... again, no accusations made as I have no idea of the background involved ...

The ip (of my server) is 69.90.172.44

34279[/snapback]

OK you seem to be listed by BLARS and 7 others. As I said, I don't know what lists AOL use to populate their private blocklist dastabase. Did you fill in the form at the link and if so, what did AOL say (apart from 'me too'). As Wazoo says, not a SpamCop issue afaics

[69.90.172.44]

+ BLARSBL Blars Block List: block.blars.org -> 127.1.0.32

+ STBL spam Trap dnsbl: bl.spam-trap.net -> 127.0.0.8

1086120690 (Tue Jun 1 22:11:30 2004) peer1.net Blocked by STBL, see http://www.stop-spam.info/lookup.php?ip=69.90.172.44

+ DRBL-VOTE-BMIK Distributed RBL node: Computational Math. and Cybernetics dept. of Moscow State University: vote.drbl.bmik.ru -> 217.16.20.40

+ DRBL-ROL-BMIK Distributed RBL node: Computational Math. and Cybernetics dept. of Moscow State University: rol.drbl.bmik.ru -> 217.16.20.40

+ DRBL-WORK-BMIK Distributed RBL node: Computational Math. and Cybernetics dept. of Moscow State University: work.drbl.bmik.ru -> 217.16.20.40

+ VERIOBL Verio Block List: vbl.mookystick.com -> 64.202.167.129

+ CLUE-ALL All ip-spaces in rbl.cluecentral.net: all.rbl.cluecentral.net -> 127.0.0.34

RBL by rbl.cluecentral.net

+ NERD-ZZ ISO 3166 Number codes encoded in the last two octets: zz.countries.nerd.dk -> 127.0.3.72

us

about: Please see our webpage for more information

about: This zone lists ONLY based on geographic information

about: The zone does NOT contain known spammers, nor open relays

[<<|<] 69.90.172.44 [>|>>] was found in 8 lists (of 260 tested)

note: You are ALWAYS listet on three or more lists. This do not indicate that you are a SPAMmer, or that anyone is actualy using the list to block mail from you!

no accusations being made here ... just explaiining the "typical" spammer scenario in numbers like above ....

Spammer starts operation on a 'new' system ... traffic ramps up .. complaints start showing up, IP gets blocked .. spammer says "no problem" and moves operations over to another "new" system (IP address) ... (thus explaining the 'drop to zero' mode) .... again, no accusations made as I have no idea of the background involved ...

34282[/snapback]

I should say that the drop to zero would be when I found out what scri_pt on the server was causing this and then deleted it - hence spammer had no scri_pt to use to spam!

• 2 years later...

This has happened to me before and what I've done is go to mail.aol.com and sent an email to myself. It usually fixes the problem until the next time.

I've been an AOL user since 1995 and I finally made the decision to divorce them today because of this bs that AOL has been doing all week. It was a hard decision but I did it.

AOL is a piece of work........

I've been an AOL user since 1995 and I finally made the decision to divorce them today because of this bs that AOL has been doing all week. It was a hard decision but I did it.
What kind of BS are they up to?

-- rick

Archived