Um, help!!!

baffledintx

I have no clue what spamcop is, why i'm blocked or how in the world to liberate my email sending ability again. I had no idea such a thing even existed.

Here's all i can find out after reading the entire site and the message boards...

I was blocked due to: "Misdirected auto replies: Vacation messages, auto-responses, challenge-response spam filters and virus-notification messages are some of the most prominent examples of automatic emails which have caused otherwise innocent sites to be blocked. If you or your system's administrator operate any of these systems, they may be responsible for your system being blocked.

More details.. "

I don't have this on in outlook. I don't know what else to even look for.

Can anyone help?

Argh.

Baffled in TX

:excl:

Your posting IP Address is not blocked by the SCBL at present. Please see Why am I Blocked? and post a full copy of the error email message (you may munge personal details like the left sides of your email address and the email address of the person you are trying to email). Thanks!

Wanted to add... I read the FAQ's and am just a small business owner and have no idea what they mean.

I read the forums too before posting and don't know what to even look for.

I have NEVER spammed anyone. I own a petsitting company. Now emails I'm sending my clients are bouncing back. (And my husband ;-)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your posting IP Address is not blocked by the SCBL at present.  Please see Why am I Blocked? and post a full copy of the error email message (you may munge personal details like the left sides of your email address and the email address of the person you are trying to email).  Thanks!

35872[/snapback]

Thanks Jeff!!!! I'll try to get what you need. Here are two shots in the dark -

Is this what you mean?

This message is to let you know that the indended recipiant has rejected rejected your email as undeliverable.

<dallas[at]martinlawrence.com>:

Connected to 207.182.255.140 but sender was rejected.

Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 spam blocked see:http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml? 209.161.31.194

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

Or this?

209.161.31.194 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 16 hours.

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

It appears this listing is caused by misdirected bounces. We have a FAQ which covers this topic: Why auto-responses are bad (Misdirected bounces). Please read this FAQ and heed the advice contained in it.

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

System administrator has already delisted this system once

Because of the above problems, express-delisting is not available

Listing History

In the past 113.5 days, it has been listed 5 times for a total of 5.4 days

Dispute Listing

If you are the administrator of this system and you are sure this listing is erroneous, you may request that we review the listing. Because everyone wants to dispute their listing, regardless of merit, we reserve the right to ignore meritless disputes.

Dispute listing of 209.161.31.194

It looks like it is your ISP (209.161.31.194) that is having a problem with someone sending out spam.

Until they fix the problem, there is not much you can do.

One option is to send email using a different mailserver. Not the best idea, but at least one that works.

Note: you are not blocked from sending mail.

It is the recipient of your mail that is refusing to accept it.

I can not see to find out who 209.161.31.194 is (is that your personal IP address)

it is not the one you posted from.

The people who run that server jeltz.qwknetllc.com [209.161.31.194] (presumably your website's service provider QWK.Net Hosting, LLC) need to fix their mailserver so that you can continue to use it (that's what you're paying them for). Specifically, they should see both http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...=209.161.31.194 and Why auto-responses are bad (Misdirected bounces). While you wait for them to fix their mailserver, plus maybe another day for the SCBL listing to timeout, if you want to send mail from your Outlook, you can send through your authorized SBC Yahoo! DSL (formerly Southwestern Bell) Outgoing (SMTP) mailserver, smtp.swbell.yahoo.com (based on a guess that you have a swbell.net email address and SBC Yahoo! Help - POP, SMTP and NNTP server settings - choose the appropriate server name from the "Outgoing (SMTP)" column if I guessed incorrectly). You can also ask the destination mailserver's admins at Martin Lawrence Galleries or ITL America, Inc to whitelist your email while you wait.

Thank you both very much.

I'm copying your reply and sending it to my web guy and the owner of qwk.net (from my sbcglobal account ;-). That's really annoying!

Thank you again.

I hope they get it resolved FAST. This is horrible!!

(Just to clarify for myself - it's not me or my email addy personally? Just the entire qwk.net mailserver?)

THANKS!

Heather

You're welcome. It appears to be the busiest one of six qwknetllc.com Outgoing (SMTP) mailservers, which are enumerated on http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...=209.161.31.194 - on the assumption that they have more than six customers, it's not just you. :)

Good luck, Heather!

Archived