Domain Abuse

BenTrein

I don't really know where to turn, what to do to prevent this, and how to take this guys out of business. Any advice is welcome.

I own the domain www.bentrein.com. The server that hosts my website, also has a mail-server with a catch-all account. On November 16ht I received over 100 failed deliveries in my catch-all account, which as it turned out were returns from a spam mailing; all the same one.

I hope - asume - I'm safe posting this here. In the mails, this url was mentioned: http:// lotdjfubxczwvr.skalmus.com/ - a site offering to make my company a logo. The mailing used as return path sales[at]bentrein.com. This email address doesn't exist, and surely I didn't send the spam. This mailing may make my domain a not wanted one.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this, to prevent this to happen in the future? Or better yet, to take these guys out of business? Or anything in between. I thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Greetz,

BenTrein

MODERATOR-Edit to make link unclickable

A major problem with no easy fix.

You could turn the catch all off, but that creates its on set of problems, you have it on for a reason.

You could forward the catch all mail to a separate email account (like SpamCop) and filter it for spam first.

Spammers have made the internet a difficult place to live in.

Archived