Now the Mail System is down

spamcop.net,Dec 27 2005, 11:51 AM]Now the mail system has gone down

38495[/snapback]

...Although I'm not a SpamCop e-mail user, I can get to the home pages of both mail.spamcop.net and webmail.spamcop.net. Are you still unable to get to it? If so, what error message(s) do you get?
spamcop.net,Dec 27 2005, 11:51 AM]I wish SpamCop would get their act together.

38495[/snapback]

...Just FYI, SpamCop does not operate the mail servers.
spamcop.net,Dec 27 2005, 11:51 AM]It appears they have grown faster than they can handle the volume.

<snip>

38495[/snapback]

...Just for my information, could you please provide the evidence you have that led you to this conclusion? All I've seen myself is ongoing problems with the servers on the reporting side which may be affecting some of the e-mail capability. Thanks!

Steve, it is back up now.

From either https://webmail.spamcop.net or http://webmail.spamcop.net both reported "server not found" errors.

From the reporting system I got can not connect to IMAP.

...Although I'm not a SpamCop e-mail user, I can get to the home pages of both mail.spamcop.net and webmail.spamcop.net. Are you still unable to get to it? If so, what error message(s) do you get?...Just FYI, SpamCop does not operate the mail servers....Just for my information, could you please provide the evidence you have that led you to this conclusion? All I've seen myself is ongoing problems with the servers on the reporting side which may be affecting some of the e-mail capability. Thanks!

38499[/snapback]

For the last half-hour or so, I've been getting 60-85msec return times on ping/traceroute to mail, news, webmail, forum servers .... checked the access logs for the Forum, but nothing of note showing there ....

The primary problems were more than half an hour ago, and they might not have been connectivity, but actual performance issues on the server(s) involved. The only person who can shed light on this isn't likely to do so.

DT

Archived