I wish To Change My email Server

Hi,

I am a fairly new user and this is my first post, so please excuse what may appear to be a daft question.

---------------------------------------------

My domain addy and ISP addy are regsitered and somehow I have managed to get things working smoothly for the past few months (a techy numpty here).

I have been experiencing a lot of problems with my email server lately and I have requested the hosts change me onto a more stable server...

My question is this....

I will be moving from examplehost0 to examplehost1 - The only difference is the number on the end...

So can I just change the number on the end from a zero to a one or do I have to re-register the new host and delete the old one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

AJ

Seems like that woild be easy to answer, based on the lack of an "Edit" button for any of "your" entries. It would be my belief that any "editing" can only be accomplished by one of the Deputies, removing/adding would seem to be the only option avaailable to a 'user' ...????

Seems like that woild be easy to answer, based on the lack of an "Edit" button for any of "your" entries.  It would be my belief that any "editing" can only be accomplished by one of the Deputies, removing/adding would seem to be the only option avaailable to a 'user' ...????

38906[/snapback]

Thank you for your reply.

I had hoped there was an "edit" button somewhere and I just couldn't see it.

Oh well I guess when the time comes I will have to go through the rig moral of deleting/adding and confirming :(

Thank you for your reply.

I had hoped there was an "edit" button somewhere and I just couldn't see it.

Oh well I guess when the time comes I will have to go through the rig moral of deleting/adding and confirming  :(

38911[/snapback]

Just take a close look at your current config first. You may have many hosts already listed under the pulldown with your new host already there. They are shared configs, so if someone on that host has already registered, it may be all set, but watch it closely at first.

So can I just change the number on the end from a zero to a one or do I have to re-register the new host and delete the old one?

38903[/snapback]

I'd suggest the best thing is to submit the new host. If it is the same configuration as the old one then the old record will be updated with the new name. If not, then you'll have both mail-hosts configured.

You can then, if you wish, remove the old host from your list.

Andrew

Archived