forum down

dra007

This was the second time in as many days that the forum had database issues that brought it off line. This time it seem to include all data base apps. The first time it seem to be only the Main Forum.

This was the second time in as many days that the forum had database issues that brought it off line.  This time it seem to include all data base apps.  The first time it seem to be only the Main Forum.

39530[/snapback]

It was down at 8:39 AM when I sent Wazoo and email about it and I am just noticing it back up now.

It died somewhere arounf 0530 GMT-6

Server was running, Apache was running, but the SQL application had died. My first clue was wehn I tried to save a page I'd just spent an hout building (and it's long gone now <g>) I worked a few things, wasn't having much lick .. but didn't want to make a call at that hour ....

Phone rang and I had some other issues that took me out of the house .. kind of hoping that JT would stumble across the issue ...

Came back to the house and see that it's still down .. so I tried some more stuff, none of it working ... so worked up the courage and tried a 'reboot' command ...

Turns out that JT had made it on-site and had just got things back up when I issued my commands from that 1,000+ miles away ... leaving him to wonder what just happened <g>

At any rate, rverything I've checked is back up ... ned to go in and clean some things up manually, but ... apologies for the downtime, the time involved before bringing it back up ...

Am going to be spending the next long while seeing if there's any/enough data to try to pinpoint what caused it to happen ...

It died somewhere arounf 0530 GMT-6

Server was running, Apache was running, but the SQL application had died.  My first clue was wehn I tried to save a page I'd just spent an hout building (and it's long gone now <g>) 

39534[/snapback]

When will we learn to save as we go? Yesterday I lost about 35 minutes of editing work.

Archived