anonymous web proxy ip blocking

blip

I was wondering if anyone knew of a DNS blacklisting service similar to what spamcop does for mail but instead it would list IPs of anonymous web proxies. This way it is easy to deny someones credit card authentication for example from an IP that is used via an anonymous web proxy, this can help defeat fraud.

I came across a site http://www.multiproxy.org/cgi-bin/search-proxy.pl that lists some anonymous web proxies, about 150 of them, however these may very well be just the gateway IP addresses that client users set their web browsers proxy settings to, and the actual IPs that the individual proxy servers use to connect to destination web sites may very well differ. Perhaps they are still within the same network range, so that list of 150 sites still becomes useful for matching purposes.

Is there any interest in adding this service or does anyone know if a well known DNS based service for this already exists?

Can't answer your first question, other than I haven't heard of one. But, within the last month or so, I believe there was a woman over in news://news.spamcop.net/spamcop that was relating her setup, comparing phone number locale to an IP location and making decision on that comparison .. she admitted issues, like AOL, and the time involved in running these checks and analyzing the results ... but was good data .. you may want to slide over there and see if you can pick up on that thread.

Have you checked the credit card sites / your credit card processor site for additional guidance on defending against fraud? Still the first line of defense is that the shipping address match the billing address .. does your processor do that or is it all up to you? of course, this topic shift is outside what this Forum is intended to support .. so just tossing out questions to suggest your further reseach ...

Archived