[Resolved] Filter seems to have trashed webmail access

I was administering an account that hadn't been accessed in several months. I couldn't find a way to delete all the emails at once (2k), so I put in a filter to delete all emails over 1k in size. When it didn't seem to work I set it to filter on login. I knew then it might be a bad idea, but I didn't have many options.

Since then, I haven't been able to log into webmail. I went ahead and emptied the account with a pop client, thinking the server was overwhelmed, but it doesn't seem to help. I get to a redirect page and sit there, showing page completed load.

How do I get rid of this filter?

Thanks.

NV

I went ahead and emptied the account with a pop client

40035[/snapback]

On second thought, that only empties out the Inbox mailbox/Folder. Have you tried using an IMAP4 Client (via imap.spamcop.net) to empty out the other mailboxes/Folders? I'd start with the Trash mailbox/Folder, as Webmail is probably choking on all the Trash accumulated there.

On second thought, that only empties out the Inbox mailbox/Folder.  Have you tried using an IMAP4 Client (via imap.spamcop.net) to empty out the other mailboxes/Folders?  I'd start with the Trash mailbox/Folder, as Webmail is probably choking on all the Trash accumulated there.

40039[/snapback]

That did it! I have a client that I just put in a FiOS connection (10in/2out) and could access them remotely. I setup the IMAP account in outlook express and found another 4k messages there. I marked them for deletion, purged the deletes and could then log right into Webmail and ditch the filters.

Much appreciated. I didn't know that IMAP4 was an option.

A headache saved and it only took me 5 minutes.

Thanks Again.

NV

Thanks for the follow-up / feedback, glad it was a success story. If you had no knowledge of an IMAP capability, I really need to suggest that you look at the SpamCop FAQ linked to at the top of this page. Marking this Topic as Resolved.

Archived