Using SpamCop logos?

InvisiBill

I've been wanting an extension for Thunderbird that would make reporting spam a bit easier. I haven't found one yet (haven't done any in-depth searching lately), but I found an open source extension for a similar purpose (reporting spam to a different organization), and am thinking about converting it to work with SpamCop. This would be a free, open source extension as well.

I was wondering about using the "badge" icon as the toolbar button and possibly to identify the extension elsewhere in Thunderbird. It would be similar to MailWasher's use of SpamCop, for those of you familiar with that.

Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains trademark-related issues, or a specific address I should contact for this sort of thing?

Thanks,

Bill

I was wondering about using the "badge" icon as the toolbar button and possibly to identify the extension elsewhere in Thunderbird. It would be similar to MailWasher's use of SpamCop, for those of you familiar with that.

Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains trademark-related issues, or a specific address I should contact for this sort of thing?

40457[/snapback]

The only place mentioning "use of banners" is titled May I create a link to SpamCop from my site? .... the FAQ entry Where to get Help includes Official Contact data.

Such issues appear to be covered by May I create a link to SpamCop from my site?, but to be sure I'd contact a SpamCop Admin <service[at]admin.spamcop.net> and Andy Markley <art101[at]spamcop.net>, who appears to be the proprietor of art101.com and a contributor of a logo per Credits and thanks.

Archived