Our account activation date

paul101

Couldn't find this elsewhere and this seems like the right place to ask.

My boss opened our paid SpamCop email account several years ago. Probably in 2002, maybe earlier. That date is lost and we need to know when it was. How do I find it in the system? I don't see some sort of account management or history feature.

Thanks for your time,

Paul

Couldn't find this elsewhere and this seems like the right place to ask.

My boss opened our paid SpamCop email account several years ago. Probably in 2002, maybe earlier. That date is lost and we need to know when it was. How do I find it in the system? I don't see some sort of account management or history feature.

40606[/snapback]

There are some links at the top of this very page ... if you use one of the SpamCop FAQ links, then jump to the SpamCop Email System & Accounts section, you'll find an entry titled When does my account expire? which should tell you where the data you seek is found.

There are some links at the top of this very page ... if you use one of the SpamCop FAQ links, then jump to the SpamCop Email System & Accounts section, you'll find an entry titled When does my account expire? which should tell you where the data you seek is found.

40608[/snapback]

I followed that trail, but ended up on a thread about getting renewal notifications. That's not what I'm looking for - we just need to know the date when we first set up the account. Is there someplace that just tells us the date when we first established the account? You know, a "Member since May 20, 2000" sort of thing. I've looked, can't find it.

Thanks again,

Paul

I followed that trail, but ended up on a thread about getting renewal notifications. That's not what I'm looking for - we just need to know the date when we first set up the account. Is there someplace that just tells us the date when we first established the account? You know, a "Member since May 20, 2000" sort of thing. I've looked, can't find it.

40611[/snapback]

I don't think you'll find a 'Member since..' entry anywhere. The renewal date obviously shows what day and month the account was opened but you'd need to know which year your colleague started the account.

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew. He needs it for a media interview that includes a mention of how groovy SpamCop is for users who want to make a dent in stopping the avalanche. The reporter wanted to know how long he's been using SpamCop -- so I'll advise him to say something like, "Well, they've been around since '98 and I've been a member since around 2001."

That should work, if somebody checks sources. There's backup data in a safety deposit box that includes the original email receipt, but we can't get to it this morning.

JT and SpamCop Admins probably have access to that information, but I don't know how long it would take them to access it. You can reach them at support[at]spamcop.net and service[at]admin.spamcop.net.

Archived