Am I On Some Kind Of Spamguard List?

poodyglitz

The subject has come up a little too frequently of late. E-mail I send to some people bounces back. Somehow, I thought it might have been my domain name. Now I'm beginning to think it's something else.

It was suggested that I contact this site to get to the root of the problem. How could I have gotten on a spamguard list? I'm not a spammer or marketer. Please advise. Thanks.

The subject has come up a little too frequently of late. E-mail I send to some people bounces back. Somehow, I thought it might have been my domain name. Now I'm beginning to think it's something else.

It was suggested that I contact this site to get to the root of the problem. How could I have gotten on a spamguard list? I'm not a spammer or marketer. Please advise. Thanks.

40678[/snapback]

Need more information like the IP that is being rejected or the bounce notice which shoud have the IP

Yet nothing offered to pinpoint anything specific for anyone on this side of the screen to even think about doing any research.

It was suggested that I contact this site to get to the root of the problem. How could I have gotten on a spamguard list? I'm not a spammer or marketer.

40678[/snapback]

Why were you referred "here" while talking about something called 'a spamguard list' ...??? Technically, if an ISP chose to use the SpamCop.netDNSBL in a blocking mode, then the least that ISP could do is configure the e-mail server to include the appropriate information in the "rejection" notification. At this point, "we" have nothing to indicate that you've run into a mis-configured server, a server that in fact did send an appropriate and data-rich notification, or even whether your query has anything at all to do with SpamCop.net.

If you query does involve the SpamCop.netDNSBL, then kudos for selecting the appropriate forum to ask your question. On the other hand, this raises several other questions, such as how / why you skipped over all the items placed in your way that were intended to help you "ask a good question" ...... and this is not to ignore that links to various FAQs are found at the top of every page, in which there is extensive data provided on the SpamCopDNSBL .. or that there are already so many previous postings by other people with issues that one could have looked at to get a gist of the data needed, questions asked, etc.

So, because "we" are shooting in the dark here ... one shot taken at your posting IP address ... I'll take another based on your registration data ...

128.121.85.2 is an mx ( 50 ) for poodyglitz.com

host 128.121.85.2 (getting name) = mail-fwd.mx.g14.rapidsite.net.

128.121.85.2 is an mx ( 50 ) for poodyglitz.com

Cached whois for 128.121.85.2 : ip[at]wh.verio.net

Using best contacts abuse[at]verio.net

Statistics:

128.121.85.2 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Perhaps someone might be able to pull up something on a previous listing, but .... thus far, this has been pretty much a waste of time as you've not provided any specific data to work with.

Well, if he's using one of Verio's mail servers, I can tell you from experience with a couple of our customers that use them that they spend most of their time on the spamcop DNSBL, and for good reason.

Verio does not seem to take any action on spam reports. They also refuse to configure their mail servers to properly reject mail to non-existant email addresses, and instead send NDR to whoever happens to be the "spammer from address of the day".

I would suggest to the OP that if they are indeed using Verio's services that they start by complaining to them (which again, I can tell you from past experience will have no effect, but at least that will be one more customer complaining about the same issue), then when they do nothing, either get your own mail server that you have full control over, or get a mail provider with at least some portion of a clue.

Archived