Can I report this?

mrmaxx

I occasionally receive a bounce message from a mailing list I'm not subbed to. I know we don't report opt-in confirmations for lists we didn't attempt to subscribe to, and I'm guessing that for that reason, we wouldn't want to report bounces of moderated lists either.

Would you please be more specific, including a canceled Tracking URL?  Thanks!

40703[/snapback]

I'll try. Right now I'm getting a 550 error trying to get to the held mail screen under "www.spamcop.net"... Ok. THAT's fixed...

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z882668374z5b...206affc8763f8az is my tracking number

It appears that the Mailman mailing list software on mailserver mailman.backcountry.net can be configured to stop bouncing, but hasn't been so configured. I think that message is within the letter of Why are auto-responders (and delayed bounces) bad?, and is therefore SpamCop Reportable.

It appears that the Mailman mailing list software on mailserver mailman.backcountry.net can be configured to stop bouncing, but hasn't been so configured.  I think that message is within the letter of Why are auto-responders (and delayed bounces) bad?, and is therefore SpamCop Reportable.

40705[/snapback]

Eh... I think I'll attempt to reach the admin. It wasn't a "bounce" as such. It was a notification that since I'm not subscribed to the list, my "post" will be delayed until the moderator can review it and it included a URL to cancel the post.

Might as well be nice and let them know to "fix" their server. :-)

Eh... I think I'll attempt to reach the admin. It wasn't a "bounce" as such. It was a notification that since I'm not subscribed to the list, my "post" will be delayed until the moderator can review it and it included a URL to cancel the post.

Might as well be nice and let them know to "fix" their server. :-)

40706[/snapback]

Yes, it is always nice, if you have time, to notify the admin manually that there is a problem. It looks to me that they are autoresponding to spam with your forged email address.

Hope they are willing to work with you.

Miss Betsy

Archived