Spam has NO headers, only subject

Kojote

I received a spam message that has only a subject line. When I try to view all headers in my Thunderbird, it shows none. No headers, no body. Only subject, and the To: address is faked. How did this message get to me, if it has no headers? SpamCop refuses to process it.

I received a spam message that has only a subject line. When I try to view all headers in my Thunderbird, it shows none. No headers, no body. Only subject, and the To: address is faked. How did this message get to me, if it has no headers? SpamCop refuses to process it.

40994[/snapback]

Agreed .. with no headers, it can't fly. However, your query is simply too confusing.

Line 1: "only a subject line"

Line 2: "Only subject and the To: address is faked"

???? what is it exactly ..??? "no headers" "only a Subject Line" "A Subject Line and a To: address" ...????

At this point, one might guess at file corruption, try doing some disk cleanup ...???

Another possibility is that something is awry with (one of) the ISP's mail servers. I used to get a steady trickle of these - from AT&T. They denied it was possible, said it never happened and they maintained the charade for years. Eventually I just filtered them out for auto forwarding to my postmaster and discarding from my mail. Since they're non-existent, he evidently has no trouble dealing with these ficticious non-messages ;)

Archived