Geek Posted April 9, 2006 Share Posted April 9, 2006 Hello, For the past few weeks, I have been receiving "online meds" spam with embedded URL's the parser can't handle for some reason. Here's an example: href=3D"http://ghkalk.ripeunever.info/?62847526" gives the error that it is unresolvable and is discarded as fake. However, run the URL "ripeunever.info" through Internic and it has no problem resolving it. Thinking it was the subdomain messing up spamcop, I ran my own website subdomains through the parser and it resolved them just fine (canceling the reports of course). Manually reporting each one is a pain, because these spams have some things in common: - Always a different domain with randomly generated subdomain. I've counted over 300 domains so far. - Always a different resgistrant. - Always an attached image with the ad, but no URL in image. Spamcop does report to the source of the emails which: - 98% of the emails I get originate from Comcast or Verizon in the US. I am sure this has been brought up, but I did not find anything on the forum search. Thank you and good luck! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.