Overide Filters with a pasword?

Hi,

I am using Spamcop to filter all my emails.

I also pick up all my emails via BlackBerry.

If I am out of the office and a client sends me an urgent email it will not reach my BlackBerry if it is filetered as a false positive. Thus I won'y be able to get the email unless I can get to a PC to release / whitelist the sender.

Is there a way if the send puts a password in the subject line the email will bypass the filters?

Cotse offer something simlar....but it is all or nothing. All Blocked and password only.

Many thanks

Is there a way if the send puts a password in the subject line the email will bypass the filters?

Cotse offer something simlar....but it is all or nothing. All Blocked and password only.

42491[/snapback]

Hi!

I know of no such option as you propose. But, if the Blackberry is looking at the mailbox through an IMAP connection then you can view your held mail through the held mail folder.

Not being a Blackberry user I don't know what options you have available. But IMAP would do what you want.

Andrew

Google on "blackberry email" returns a lot of hits, various phone serbice provider links, FAQs, etc. All indicate that IMAP is a normal option. Noting that having to check the Held Folder does kind of ruin the 'feature' of using the SpamCop.net e-mail account for filtering.

Just a quick scan of the contents listed in the SpamCop FAQ here offers a number of "whitelist" entries .... though I didn't stumble avross the FAQ I was thingking of, there may be some useful data available. I'm not seeing the Subject Line as being one of the items checked for white/black-listing though.

Are your clients always from the wild or .... is their e-mail address known before they have to send their 'emergency' message?

Later edit: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6193 lacks any follow-up dealing with some upgrade .... I don't recall seeing this on any of the vendor links / FAQs I looked at earlier, but ....????

Archived