How can I speak with someone at Spamcop?

Joseph

I believe a very smart one.

They get better tech support, usually quicker and definitely more in depth, than any minimum wage computer wanna be following a scri_pt which does not alpply. And they get all of this for free with the exception of a few hired deputies.

If you post the error message you receive or at least the IP having problems, someone here should be able to help you sort out what happened or point you in the direction of someone who can.

User groups are actually a better way to get support for using spamcop.

And since I am not a spamcop employee, I don't want to give a reason why they don't have phone support for those who are blocked.

The primary reason that web sites are blocked is that the machines are compromised in some way - an open relay, an open proxy, a trojan infection.

Another reason that is fairly recent is that a virus that targeted domains is being "bounced" (after being accepted) to the virus return path and hitting spamtraps. If your machine is set up to automatically send bounce emails (rather than rejecting at the server level), that might be the problem.

You will have to provide the IP address for people to help you. There are people with advanced expertise that will help you (sort of like a mechanic stopping to help a stalled car).

Miss Betsy

Did you go to: http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=66.10.18.35

and see the evidence there? There used to be much more complete and timely information but spammers appeared to be using that to get around the blocklist.

The DNS issue could cause problems getting the message received by some servers, but should not get you listed.

Within the last 24 hours, at least 2 people have reported spam coming from this IP address with at least one of them being an offer for a diploma.

For more information, you may wish to email deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net and ask for more information as to why this was listed.

if you check that IP at Senderbase it shows a 38-fold increase in traffic in the last 24hrs. My guess is that you have a compromised machine there that a spammer has used / is using.

Archived