Email attachments

I am trying to figure out how to add attachments to my email that will preserve the Word format. At present the Spamcop email program converts my attachments to [application/x-macbinary]. My old email program simply handled attachments as I attached them. Any suggestions?

My experience from work (A school district) is that I386 based systems strip off the resource fork of Mac Files. It was occurring for us when Mac user sent mail through our Novell Based email system.

I am not sure of the solution but one of the items we made was to make sure to have the file name extension added to Mac Office Files.

Another item we changed was added file handlers in the browser for the Mac, We used IE.

Sorry I can not be of much help, I was not working on the solution myself.

I386 based systems strip off the resource fork of Mac Files

Everything strips off the Resource fork <g> ... and this goes back to the days when the Mac was only surviving by stealing the profits from the continued sales of the Apple II line. I definitely recall the days of trying to move files between my IIgs and a Mac, gads what a bite ....

I am trying to figure out how to add attachments to my email that will preserve the Word format. At present the Spamcop email program converts my attachments to [application/x-macbinary].  My old email program simply handled attachments as I attached them.  Any suggestions?

Are you talking about webmail? I've never seen it do what you're talking about. Are you actually on a mac?

JT

Archived