Email service maintenance announcement

To note the following just announed for Email users... Hopefully this info here will help alert those who have login problems over the next few hours.

Jun 7, 2006

* [03:13 EDT] It appears that we have a serious problem with one of the fileservers that stores mail for users. We are going to have to work on this server. Just like last week, this will cause login problems for some users. Our goal is to have it back online by 8 a.m. EDT. Moving forward, we have a replacement system with better redundancy already installed and ready to move online. We will accelerate that process and hopefully have that running in the next few days. That should take care of this problem once and for all. Again, we apologize about the outage. It's our goal to provide non-stop service and we're working hard to restore the service and get rid of this issue.

To note the following just announed for Email users... Hopefully this info here will help alert those who have login problems over the next few hours.

An hour ago, the following update was posted:

[09:28 EDT] Logins should be back to normal. We'll start delivering queued mail shortly.

However, I'm seeing significant delays of mail sent to my SC email address. Yesterday, I was experiencing problems with POP attempts from my mail client, where it would try for a while and not receive anything, even though I could see items in my SC mailbox using IMAP, so it wasn't only "logins" that were problematic.

DT

Archived