VER Quick Reporting slowed to an almost stop

Lately I'm having to abandon reporting directly from the held mail log and going into my SC webmail to report from there, otherwise I'd be waiting all day for it to work.

I have this funny feeling that the Subject title and location of this Topic needs changed. The term "Quick Reporting" generally is defined as a particular mode of submitting spam to the parser via e-mail .. in contrast to using the paste-the-spam-in-the-box web-form submittal or the standard "submit by e-mail" for full-reporting. I'm thinking that the issue raised here is a certain reporting mode from a certain page view from within a SpamCOp e-mail account ....?????

Well I guess the answer is put up or shut up, right? It was a reporting issue not a webmail issue, never mind.

I saw other posts on exactly the same issue where I originally posted this and they weren't satisfactorily answered either.

Forget it.

Well I guess the answer is put up or shut up, right? It was a reporting issue not a webmail issue, never mind.

As far as the Reporting side of the house goes, I will agree that looking at the Grahic/link to the Reporting Server Status chart, there are issues going on .. but then, no one ever explains if the changes are due to some programming/selection of bits monitored, or, as in the last case of charts like these, spammers/virii/trojans were basically hammering spamtrap addresses .... and in the case of VER reporting, you are talking to a system on the east U.S. coast, trying to get data passed to a system on the west U.S. coast, and thus you are then also trying to vie for attention with what appears to be the bum's rush on the reporting servers .... all this is 'best guess' stuff based on what data I do have available.

I saw other posts on exactly the same issue where I originally posted this and they weren't satisfactorily answered either.

Forget it.

Well, help me out then .... if there's an issue with e-mail account stuff, which is the way I read your initial post, I'd move those posts also. But again, I'll admit that my focus has been pulled in way too many directions lately, and, as a matter of fact, I was supposed to be somewhere else 20 minutes ago ....

It's from here: http://www.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog and it's been going on, off and on, for weeks now.
I am surprised that the address indicated above works at all for reporting out of the heldmail folder of a SpamCop email account.

The correct address is: http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

The next question would be how many messages are you reporting at a time.

That display is set to a max or 100.

If you are reporting less than 100 at a time, after you click on "Release/Delete selected messages" simply let it run in the background until it is done.

I use that method of reporting all the time and am happy with the way it work.

In fact I use IMAP to move messages from my Outlook Express inbox and other folders that SpamCop let slip by back into my SpamCop heldmail folder and then open up the reporting screen and process it from there. I also use the same method for full reporting of those that I am willing to take the additional time to complete the full reporting process, which of course is one message at a time.

It also gets around the problem of max file size for submitting multiple messages via forward as attachment.

Wazoo, basically since Ironport took over things have slipped. How many times do I have to say it...it's not about the email accounts?

This was one of the threads, that actually was allowed to stay in the appropriate area:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6634

I am surprised that the address indicated above works at all for reporting out of the heldmail folder of a SpamCop email account.

The correct address is: http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

The next question would be how many messages are you reporting at a time.

That display is set to a max or 100.

If you are reporting less than 100 at a time, after you click on "Release/Delete selected messages" simply let it run in the background until it is done.

I use that method of reporting all the time and am happy with the way it work.

In fact I use IMAP to move messages from my Outlook Express inbox and other folders that SpamCop let slip by back into my SpamCop heldmail folder and then open up the reporting screen and process it from there. I also use the same method for full reporting of those that I am willing to take the additional time to complete the full reporting process, which of course is one message at a time.

It also gets around the problem of max file size for submitting multiple messages via forward as attachment.

Well if you want to really pick hairs...yes...but you forget that most PC's remember cookies.

I'm working on what SC Admin taught me years ago.

Lately I'm having to abandon reporting directly from the held mail log and going into my SC webmail to report from there, otherwise I'd be waiting all day for it to work.

The legacy issues of SpamCop are that as membership by spam victims esculates FULL reporting slows down to a stop Then SpamCops owners have to increase both processing power and bandwidth to accommodate new users

As for webmail slowing (don't often use it as I find the program clunky. As in very worst webmail system around and VERY buggy) I would suspect the new member issue the cause If one can resurect JT he may find a cause and correct it. If he is still interested in SpamCop email users?

Computers can be very frustrating, after spending a half hour writing my reply, my computer crashed just before I was going to post it, and then my time was up as I had other commitments; so will try again today.

Wazoo, basically since Ironport took over things have slipped. How many times do I have to say it...it's not about the email accounts?
If you would stop using email terms and use reporting terms we would have a better understanding of what you are talking about. The address you posted http://www.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog results in the following for me "Cannot find login information. Not logged in?" which is because I can not use long term cookies with that address since it is used for multiple accounts, both by Free reporting account and my ISP account, and yes it can also be use for email accounts and paid reporting accounts. The email account access allows for connecting to the VER interface and your email HELD MAIL folder. And since you are talking about
What do you mean may "held mail log" it is NOT a reporting term, it is an email term. Then you jump to talking about "SC webmail" which only does quick reporting, not full reporting. The VER interface allows for multiple type of reporting directly from you HeldMail folder.
Well if you want to really pick hairs...yes...but you forget that most PC's remember cookies.
If you want to call it "really pick hairs" then consider this example which relates the same kind of problem of understanding what is being said because of the use of unclear terms.

I am driving on the right side of the road, but I keep having people honk at me. What's up with that?

Well you may be driving on the right side of the road, but it happens to also be the wrong side of the road because where you are currently driving (London) the rules say to drive on the left side of the road which is the correct side of the road for that location, the right side of the road with is the wrong side of the road.

So if you want to keep talking about HeldMail we will keep thinking that you are talking about email.

You need to be much more exact in your questions. The address that you posted tells us nothing as it can be used to connect to different services dependant upon what account type is being used when logging into that address. And yes cookies can make the log in invisible so you have no idea of exactly which account or account type you are logging into, but if you look at the screen carefully you can many times figure it out as the menu choices are different between account types and your registered name is also displayed, but if you used the same name for multiple accounts (which can be done) only the email address must be different, you still might wonder what happened to the mail that you submitted using forward as attachment when it seems to never show up for reporting, when the simple reason is that you logged into a different account than you submitted the mail to.

I'm working on what SC Admin taught me years ago.
Taught you about what? SpamCop is a huge topic with different answers based on the specific part of it you are talking about.

Rule number one: clearly explain your problem. You have failed to do that. All we can do is guess.

With a newbie it is expected, but with some one with your experiece with SpamCop it is not expected. I will try to remember in the future that I need to treat your posts as if they are written by a newbie.

Thanks for taking the time....I'll drop it for now.
Your welcome.

What I do not know is if the varrious address actually connect to different servers which might result in different response times or not.

You might want to try using http://mailsc.spamcop.net/ and see if it makes any difference or not.

One problem with using cookies with www.SpamCop.net is that there is no way of logging out of the reporting system with out deleting the cookie or waiting for it to expire based on the length of time you told it to remain open when you physically logged on with user name and password. If you only have one account it is not an issue, but if you have multiple accounts it can be a problem. That is were the different addresses help.

Archived