POP down

Since 7/15 I have been unable to connect to the POP3 aspect for mail. I get errors from my Outlook mail program. When logging into SC and heading to the Options section, I can no longer access the POP server setup. I didn't see an announcement to this effect, so I am asking for help on this.

Thanks!

Since 7/15 I have been unable to connect to the POP3 aspect for mail. I get errors from my Outlook mail program.

No matching traffic in the newsgroups, no one else chiming in here ....

When logging into SC and heading to the Options section, I can no longer access the POP server setup.

Looking through your previous postings here, it would seem that you would know that there are serveral "places to log into SC" and not all of them would offer connections to a POP server setting.

Because of the lack of other complaints/queries, the initial 'easy' item to look at would be the annual subscription date coming up for the e-mail account in question. I recall placing links in the SpamCop FAQ here that pointed to data provided by other users about how to check for dates, handle re-subscribing, etc.

Anything else would generally be a settings / configuration issue, and there's not enough data here for 'us' to try to start guessing at the possibilities there.

I have had no problems with POP access or IMAP access to my SpamCop account.

As Wazoo stated, your terms are confusing. POP settings actually have nothing to do with SpamCop. They are set in your Mail Client, so when you say "When logging into SC and heading to the Options section" we are not sure what you are saying. If you are talking about your SpamCop account as set up in Outlook, which would make sense, then the problem is with Outlook. We will wait for more information from you before doing much more guessing on our part.

I have had no problems with POP access or IMAP access to my SpamCop account.

As Wazoo stated, your terms are confusing. POP settings actually have nothing to do with SpamCop. They are set in your Mail Client, so when you say "When logging into SC and heading to the Options section" we are not sure what you are saying. If you are talking about your SpamCop account as set up in Outlook, which would make sense, then the problem is with Outlook. We will wait for more information from you before doing much more guessing on our part.

The other option could be that his email is not being POPped by spamcop and he can not get into that configuration section. Just an alternative view of the question.

I am having no problem with that function either, however.

The other option could be that his email is not being POPped by spamcop and he can not get into that configuration section. Just an alternative view of the question.

I am having no problem with that function either, however.

Thats the problem which not getting enough information to start with, all we can do is guess, but since he is talking about getting error messages from Outlook which would not be involved if trying to access the options menu inside WebMail to set it up to POP his other account, yet also talks about "logging into SC and heading to the Options section," which would not be involved if trying to POP his SpamCop account from Outlook, all we can do is guess.

It seems like you crystal ball has been polished a lot beter than mine lately, I would tend to go with our point of view, but as you say, that aspect of SpamCop is also working fine.

It would be nice to get a bit of feed back that contained some useful information!

It would be nice to get a bit of feed back that contained some useful information!

Well, see my latest update in the Announcements section... Access to the POP configuration page was broken.

However, it is also possible he was having problems accessing his account via POP, and did not understand that the configuration setting inside of webmail was for POPping other accounts into webmail.

Again, not enough information leads to lots of guessing.

Archived