Quick reporting set up

piashaw

Hi,

I'm getting very confused as to what I need to do, to set up the quick reporting as the email reporting is taking me so long I'm starting to go mad....

I currently have a "free" spamcop reporting account and I use mailwasher to send the reports to spamcop. On receiving the confirmations i click the link each time to finish the report. I have set up my mailhosts and have not come across and self reporting or reporting of my own ISP so I think all is OK. I am looking after about 18 email accounts via mailwasher so I don't want to send all my emails through a new spamcop email account. I am probably dealing with about 40 0r 50 spam a day.

reading the posts, I'm just getting VERY confused as to how I can set up the quick reporting.

Thanks

Peter

When I last did it (quite a while ago now), I simply forwarded one spam email to quick.<16charactercode> instead of submit.<16charactercode> and the reply stated I was not yet registered and gave the directions. It also submitted that spam for regular reporting.

I believe you simply have to contact deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net and request that they set up quick reporting on your account. Then you simply use quick.{submitcode}[at]spamcop.net instead of submit.{submitcode}[at]spamcop.net as your reporting address. Remember when emailing the deputies that they are severely backlogged on email all the time and if they have to reply to get the information they need, you will likely not hear from them for a while, so be sure to give them all the details clearly and concisely in your first email.

I currently have a "free" spamcop reporting account and...

Peter

Peter you may find that your reporting options are limited using a "free" account. May I suggest putting your money where your mouth is?

Lou

You can quick report with a free account.

Who knew! Guess I started 'putting my mouth where my money was' to soon to find that out.

On the other hand, (not liking to be totally wrong <g>) he was complaining about the time it takes and a paid account will speed up his reporting whether using cut&past, submit or quick.

Having learned something today, I can now go back to bed. Thanks Telarin.

Lou

<snip>

I'm just getting VERY confused as to how I can set up the quick reporting.

Hi, Peter!

...Good luck getting set up for quick reporting -- I hope it goes quickly and smoothly. However, please read carefully the Warning information in What is Quick Reporting?. Here's why you have to worry about this even though you have not noticed a problem so far: your ISP and/or MSP (e-Mail Service Provider) may add additional IP addresses either for routing between the incoming server and you or as an additional or a new incoming server. That may cause you to report your own ISP or MSP. It's happened to me twice since I started reporting with SpamCop.

The easiest way from my point of view is to simply try using it.

Take your submit.4EzZxxxxxxxxQhKu[at]spam.spamcop.net address and change it to:

quick.4EzZxxxxxxxxQhKu[at]spam.spamcop.net

You should get an automatic email reply like the sample below:

Quick reporting is disabled due to careless use.

It may be reactivated on a case-by-case basis.

Email service[at]admin.spamcop.net to request access.

Using normal confirmed reporting instead.

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THIS SERVICE!

SpamCop is free. However, if you like the service please pay for it:

http://www.spamcop.net/upgradeaccount.shtml

SpamCop is now ready to process your spam.

Use links to finish spam reporting (members use cookie-login please!):

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1006220660z0...ea7822bf3ef83cz

The email which triggered this auto-response had the following headers:

balance of message deleted

Items to keep in mind regarding your request.

It will not be granted to new users until after they have proven that they can use full reporting correctly

You MUST have you Mailhost file set up correctly

And unless you do not mind reporting yourself an maybe loosing your ISP connection, you had better be very sure that the messages that are being sent are spam and that you your mailhosts have not changed recently.

A good way of checking that is to full report a few messages daily and as long as they do not indicate any problem report the balance via quick reporting That is after SpamCop Staff have opened the door for you to use quick reporting.

Archived