Jump to content

Service does Not neem to be popping Mail


Recommended Posts

It appears that the my mail (from pop.prodigy.yahoo.com) is not being popped, and hasn't since about 10:00AM EDST(US). A previous poster also alluded to simliar symptoms.

Around 12:30, there were at least 27 pieces to be popped.

The status page showed no errors on that server.

Also I had sent a note to service at spamcop dot net, but am posting here, because the same poster, stateed that webmail's outgoing mail also appeared to be down.

In addtion, the "Reporting Server Status" image, while it shows is is updated, abuptly ends [at] 10:00AM Eastern.

Update: I sent an outbound mail myself to 2 places and it went nowhere....

Update.. One of the place made it

I will try to send a note to service at spamcop dot net externally

Update... Reports are now flowing [at] 3:15PM Eastern, Reporting Server status is updating.... mail is still not popping

Update: 4;14PM ...Mail has been trickling in and finally 25+ pieces came in, in a POP... appear to be caught up....

Wonder what was up?

Edited by xzr1tv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have been receiving [unknown error: 8] on all five of my POP servers since 07/24/2006 ~1:30 PM EDT == ~5:30 PM GMT, which normally operate very smoothly: (1) pop.prodigy.yahoo.com, (2) popgate.cesmail.net, (3 and 4) imap.aol.com for two AOL screen names, and (5) pop3.netvista.net. I hope an official SpamCop admin or tech investigates and gets it going again. My ePrompter e-mail queue window app shows 50+ messages in those queues presently. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spamcop.net' post='45397' date='Jul 24 2006, 01:31 PM']

Have been receiving [unknown error: 8] on all five of my POP servers since 07/24/2006 ~1:30 PM EDT == ~5:30 PM GMT, which normally operate very smoothly: (1) pop.prodigy.yahoo.com, (2) popgate.cesmail.net, (3 and 4) imap.aol.com for two AOL screen names, and (5) pop3.netvista.net. I hope an official SpamCop admin or tech investigates and gets it going again. My ePrompter e-mail queue window app shows 50+ messages in those queues presently.

I only have one account I POP from, but it hasn't retrieved since yesterday or today sometime. When I looked, it had 1 error listed (I don't remember but I think it just said "error") and so I "kicked" the setting by clicking the Modify button. The error reset but it still hasn't POPed OR shown any additional errors.

UPDATE -- as I was composing this message the POPed items started coming through. Probably coincidentally, I changed the name of the host I was popping from to correspond exactly to the hostname on my email ISP support page ... I haven't changed it in years so it's probably just a coincidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...