No webmail, No IMAP and NO HELP!

For a bit more than the past 2 weeks, I have been unable to log into webmail or held mail. I have also been unable to log into my account using IMAP.

IMAP gives me this error:

"A network error has occurred (-3171)."

Webmail gives me this error:

"Gateway Timeout The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server."

I have emailed and private messaged SpamCop for support but there is no answer. I'm trying to be as patient as possible but over 2 weeks have passed and I'm at the end of my rope here. Can someone give me the courtesy of a reply?

Have no idea who you've been e-mailing, PM'ing ... there's no one here named "SpamCop"

Putting your exact error message through Google seems to say that you're using a Mac and you've got DNS problems. The only thing I can suggest at this point is that you need to go through all your TCP/IP settings once again, then check out your settings for SpamCop.

Based on your description of both an e-mail app and a browser app failing, I'd be looking for something that's blocking anything with SpamCop in the name ... if a windows machine, perhaps checking for some bad data in the HOSTS file, but, probably no help to you on the Mac.

Have no idea who you've been e-mailing, PM'ing ... there's no one here named "SpamCop"

I was trying not to point fingers by naming names. The emails and PMs went to JeffT. I thought he was in charge at SpamCop.

My browser allows me to connect to the forums (on spamcop.net) and Entourage allows me to get mail via POP from my inbox. It's just trying to connect via IMAP or Webmail that fails. I don't think it's on this end.

Well, as I said, I put your exact error message through Google, and all of the half-dozen displayed results all pointed to the same thing. That you say it's been two weeks plus and there's not a never-ending fountain of others complaining kind of hurts the thory that the problem exists at JeffT's end .... The only other thing that comes to mind might be something as simple as a cookie issue, not alowing the session to generate the right handshakes ... did you install something a couple of weeks back that may have added something, changed some settings, etc.?

For a bit more than the past 2 weeks, I have been unable to log into webmail or held mail. I have also been unable to log into my account using IMAP.

IMAP gives me this error:

"A network error has occurred (-3171)."

Webmail gives me this error:

"Gateway Timeout The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server."

I have emailed and private messaged SpamCop for support but there is no answer. I'm trying to be as patient as possible but over 2 weeks have passed and I'm at the end of my rope here. Can someone give me the courtesy of a reply?

I answer all the email I get. I'm pretty confident I've answered you as well, but you can send your question to me again. I don't have your username here so I can't check your account.

JT

Well, here's the long and short of it:

I can't log in to webmail.

I can't log in to held mail.

I can't log in using IMAP.

I can get my in box with POP.

To test Wazoo's theory that it was something on my end, I went and tried to log on today from a different network (the TMobile network at the local Starbucks) with a different computer (my laptop) and got the same result.

My username is mmrinternet. Let me know if you have any ideas as to what could be causing the issues. Thanks.

Sorry, not a theory, just doing what research I could and offered up the results. For example, there's yet another series of posts by ob1db complaining about his lousy results from filtering, but will note that one of his systems is a Mac, point being, he can log in, he can play with stuff ... on the other hand, there is another with a complaint about gateway timeouts in the Topic http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=697 .. but no mention of logging in problems.

Not that it's much help, but a brother called last night to advise me that I've got a Mac laptop headed in my direction. In a few days, I might be better able to point at some specifics.

Wazoo, I wasn't trying to give you a jab there. I know you are trying to help.

I am just baffled. I've been using SpamCop for probably close to a couple years now. It's just recently that I've had these issues. I can't think of anything locally that could have caused the change. Hopefully JT can figure out where it stems from.

Let me know if you can think of any other possibilities.

I can't log in to webmail.
The proper Addresses are via http and https at webmail.spamcop.net (webmail.cesmail.net [216.154.195.51]).

I can't log in to held mail.
The proper Address is via http at mailsc.spamcop.net [iP Addresses vary depending on which Akamai servers you use].

I can't log in using IMAP.
The proper Address is via IMAP at imap.spamcop.net (mail.cesmail.net [216.154.195.50]).

Archived