reverse dns and ISP

enediel

Hello:

How this tool consider the following case.

The internet provider opened a bussiness account to a company, with static ip, and we suppose to have configured properly a mail server for multiple domains.

After received some complains that AOL doesn't accept the emails from our server, we contacted our ISP because a reverse dns configuration is necessary on their servers, they told us that they don't offer this kind of service.

So, my server, a non spammer server, having a bussiness account with a company like BELL, could be blocked on Internet for the incompetence of my ISP.

Thanks in advance for any answer

Sorry...this isn't an answer...but you've posted this in the wrong forum. This forum is for messages about email accounts from SpamCop and those of us who use them. This isn't the forum for questions like yours, so a moderator will move it.

[edit] it got moved

DT

So, my server, a non spammer server, having a bussiness account with a company like BELL, could be blocked on Internet for the incompetence of my ISP.

Incompetence by the ISP? Or perhaps lack of research prior to sending them the check? Or perhaps expecting the $7.95/month hosting account to offer the same perks as a $300/month hosting plan? Sorry, you're not making much of a case .. and the odds are that your ISP does offer an e-nail service/server that does meet AOL's requirements ....

Wih this post, Topic is being moved to the Lounge, as it has nothing to do with a SoamCop.net e-mail account ....

Maybe not incompetence, but poor service from any ISP. I've used several home (not even business class) DSL providers in both the US and the UK and all of them have been happy to set up reverse DNS for static IPs without even charging for it.

I would recommend changing suppliers. Check that prospective ISPs will set reverse lookups for you before signing up and tell your old ISP how much they suck when you cancel the account.

Archived