How to get help with reporting and headers?

dwynne

My boss wants me to set him up a way to report spam that makes it through the various online blacklists and other measures we have set up. Our mail gets forwarded through a couple of servers and through a now out of date e-mail package.

When I try to report spam messages myself via SpamCop I get errors in the header. I have tried using the "[spamCop] account configuration email" method but it never likes my headers either. I understand in out case we would have to manually change OUR non-standard headers to be able to report, but at this point I have been un-able to get this to work.

Is this forum a place I can post the headers to get help detecting what is wrong with them and how to "Fix" them?

Thanks,

Dennis

I *think* that this might belong in the "Mailhost Configuration of your Reporting Account" here:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showforum=7

But then, sometimes my "thinking" isn't entirely correct. :-)

In any case, when a moderator comes along, they can decide to move your message, if appropriate. BTW, when you post "full headers," you'll want to be careful to make privacy-related alterations, such as XXXing out any email address/userid.

DT

When I try to report spam messages myself via SpamCop I get errors in the header.

Please explain "your" reporting "steps" ....

Identify the tools, actaul manipulatons of the e-mai; data, the physical location of your reporting attempts (i.e. via the web-page pate-it-in-the-box or an e-mail submittal) ....

I have tried using the "[spamCop] account configuration email" method but it never likes my headers either.

Like DavidT, I'll asume that you're trying to describe the "MailHost Configuration of your e-mail account" but ... see the above ....

I understand in out case we would have to manually change OUR non-standard headers to be able to report, but at this point I have been un-able to get this to work.

Is this forum a place I can post the headers to get help detecting what is wrong with them and how to "Fix" them?

Yes, headers can be posted .. see many, many previous posts in other discussions ... not really liked due to the whitespace issues of this applications, but ... if that's the only way ..

On the other hand, it's hard to point directly to your headers as you've not described "everything else" onvolved in your data handling yet .... There is a SpamCop FAQ entry or two dealing with "how to get full headers" ... there are other FAQ entries and even How to .. tutorials provided here for various e-mail clients, web-based apps, etc. Have you looked at any of these?

Archived