some websites don't work

avalu81

Hi, I'm italian and I have a problem with some websites. One of the most important for me is www.imageshack.us because a lot of people use this site to host their images in forums. I'm one of the users of an italian 3dgraphics website, so because of the problem, I can't see images on the websites forum.

So I called my provider (Fastweb Italia) to ask them explanation about this problem and by using TRACERT and/or PATHPING in Dos mode we knew that I have some problem to connect with imageshack.us. At the end they suggest to try to insert my IP address in spamcop.net so I find my Ip in the BL. Now, can I connect this block with the access problem to imageshack.us?

I ask my friends to try themselves to enter the website and with the same provider and the same configuration everyone can enter the website.....

Now, how can eliminate this block?????

thank u

... I ask my friends to try themselves to enter the website and with the same provider and the same configuration everyone can enter the website.....

Hi avalu81,

The SCBL works on IP address, if your friends are not blocked then either the provider for www.imageshack.us is not using the SCBL or your friends are using different IPs from yours.

If Fastweb Italia suggested you check for the SCBL listing I think they are playing with you. They should know if one of their IPs is listed and they have the ability to either do something about it or move you to another IP address which is not blocked - whether or not that is the actual issue with www.imageshack.us.

Maybe the block is because of spamtrap hits in which case no evidence is provided to Fastweb Italia - but that is not your problem (and they should still be able to find and fix the problem but it is more technical, harder for them). If you have already found your IP is blocked, have you found the reasons given? If it is "System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)" then it is as I say.

SpamCop cannot lift the block - it is automatic. Another possibility if Fastweb Italia will not do the job you pay them to do is maybe www.imageshack.us can get get you whitelisted. This is sometimes possible, not always.

Hi, I'm italian and I have a problem with some websites. One of the most important for me is www.imageshack.us because a lot of people use this site to host their images in forums. I'm one of the users of an italian 3dgraphics website, so because of the problem, I can't see images on the websites forum.

Neither SpamCop.net or the SpamCopDNSBL have anything to do with web-sites, graphic-linking, etc.

Moving to the Lounge as this is totally unrelated to SpamCop.net .....

Neither SpamCop.net or the SpamCopDNSBL have anything to do with web-sites, graphic-linking, etc.

Moving to the Lounge as this is totally unrelated to SpamCop.net .....

Unless, this site is using the SCBL to block web access which would be a very strange use of a list of IP's that have sent spam email.

Unless, this site is using the SCBL to block web access which would be a very strange use of a list of IP's that have sent spam email.

But as stated in a reply to someone ele's post, in another Topic/Discussion, it's not that often that an e-mail server would be sitting at the same IP address as a web-server .... outside of some of our favorite spammers anyway <g>

well ok, I suspected that it's not a problem with a block list, but I'm not a technic, so I follow what Fastweb said to me....now i'll try to recall them to solve this problem. You are right, I pay them for a service, they have to be able to solve problems about this service....

Thank u.

Bye

However, can I do something to eliminate my IP from SCBL?

sorry for my bad english

The scbl lists only IP addresses that have sent spam email. Your IP address for your website should not be on the scbl because websites do not send email. I am not a techie either, but that's what I understand from the previous replies.

If your IP address is on the scbl, then it is sending spam email. If it is sending spam email, then your computer may be infected with a virus. A spammer may be using your computer.

Miss Betsy

The scbl lists only IP addresses that have sent spam email. Your IP address for your website should not be on the scbl because websites do not send email. I am not a techie either, but that's what I understand from the previous replies.
...Actually, I think it would be more appropriate to say that web sites do not normally send e-mail. There are at least two cases (that I can think of) where they might:
  • The server is set up as both a web server and a mail server
  • The web server is infected with malware and is thus "trojanned" (aka zombie)

...Actually, I think it would be more appropriate to say that web sites do not normally send e-mail. There are at least two cases (that I can think of) where they might:
  • The server is set up as both a web server and a mail server
  • The web server is infected with malware and is thus "trojanned" (aka zombie)

A third would be a form of some sort setup to be sent from that server.

If the IP of yours that is blacklisted is that of your own internet service, you might want to check your computer system to make sure it is not infected and that no-one on your network is sending spam. It could possibly be infected with a trojan as others have said.

(I don't think the OP was talking about his website IP, it suspect he/she was referring to his internet connection.)

Archived