[Resolved] Frequent and rapid expiration of login

John37

Since the testing of the beta version and reverting to the traditional webmail system, timing out of my log in has occurred frequently and rapidly - maybe an average of a half hour but often in a matter of minutes, making it cumbersome to compose and send email. I've found this in both Firefox and IE, and on two different computers. This has occurred over the last few days, and seems to be getting progressively worse.

Advice? Recommendations? Hoping it will ultimately be fixed. Nothing new on this end that I'm aware of.

Appreciating always the great service of SpamCop and the difficulties involved.

John

spamcop.net' post='47884' date='Sep 16 2006, 04:15 PM']Since the testing of the beta version and reverting to the traditional webmail system, timing out of my log in has occurred frequently and rapidly - maybe an average of a half hour but often in a matter of minutes, making it cumbersome to compose and send email. I've found this in both Firefox and IE, and on two different computers. This has occurred over the last few days, and seems to be getting progressively worse.

Advice? Recommendations? Hoping it will ultimately be fixed. Nothing new on this end that I'm aware of.

Appreciating always the great service of SpamCop and the difficulties involved.

Not seeing the problem myself (once again) amd have not seen any related problems reported. You might need to contact support[at]spamcop.net about this problem.

You may also want to PM Wazoo about changing your username here as addresses have been harvested here.

You may also want to PM Wazoo about changing your username here as addresses have been harvested here.

PM was sent, but the requested format & content described in SECTION 7 - Change of Username wasn't provided. I pointed out that it was only the domain involved that stopped my from banning the account as soon as it was noticed in the 'validating' logs, stating that I wasn't really thrilled about simply dropping the Domain name in this case, as has been done in the past a number of times.

The issue itself of short cookie life hasn't been a repeated complaint (yet) I would have suggested deleting all existing cookies and seeing what a fresh version would do, yet with the descroption of "several computers" involved, not sure if this would do anything (but then again, whether all these "other computers" were using old cookies or not wasn't actually stated either)

The issue itself of short cookie life hasn't been a repeated complaint (yet) I would have suggested deleting all existing cookies and seeing what a fresh version would do, yet with the descroption of "several computers" involved, not sure if this would do anything (but then again, whether all these "other computers" were using old cookies or not wasn't actually stated either)

I am deleting cookies and will inform you if that solves the problem

Deleting cookies solved the problem. Thank you very much.

About harvesting - please delete these posts, to make my email address disappear; and I will never post again here, so as not to have this problem occur again. That particular username (drugintel[at]spamcop.net) was automatically assigned during login, and I had no warning or option to do otherwise, I believe.

I am sorry to have troubled you.

spamcop.net' post='47889' date='Sep 16 2006, 06:07 PM']Deleting cookies solved the problem. Thank you very much.

thanks for the feedback, Topic will be tagged as Resolved.

About harvesting - please delete these posts, to make my email address disappear; and I will never post again here, so as not to have this problem occur again. That particular username (drugintel[at]spamcop.net) was automatically assigned during login, and I had no warning or option to do otherwise, I believe.

Nothing was done automatically. One line for a Login name, another line for you to provide an e-mail address (twice actually for confirmation) .... see the page (without filling it in) at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...Reg&CODE=00

check the "Agree" box

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...mp;coppa_pass=1

to refresh your memory .... you filled in the blank spots.

Anyway, I pulled a name out of the air (actually looked to see just how many "John" names were already in use) .. performed the acton .. you should have received a note from the system with details ...

As stated in my PM traffic, deletion of posts here is actually rare .... this is a Public Forum ... troubles and solutions, dialog involved in 'getting there' ... remain in place such that the 'next person' with the same issue can see what was done in the past ....

Archived