> not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time

> a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura-

> tion parameters.

>

> Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but

> it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not

> have a mail system running right now.

>

> Your message was not delivered within 2 days and 0 hours.

> Host spam.spamcop.net is not responding.

Could someone offer an explanation or a suggestion on what to do about that?

not a clue at this point, as there is no corresponding traffic from the thousands upon thousand of other users submitting all along, expecially when talking about "the last couple of weeks" .... apparently, much more data is required from your end on what you are doing, what tools are in use, possibly some configuration setttings, etc. If 'everyone' else was having issue like this, one would expect that the traffic shown in the graphic/link at the top right of this page wouldn't be showing near as much green ....

There is a FAQ entry here daling with some ISPs actually blocking some outgoing e-mail (without telling their users) ... troubleshooting steps are included in that FAQ.

Could someone offer an explanation or a suggestion on what to do about that?

I can tell you that I have sent at least one message to that address each weekday for the last couple of weeks and it has gotten through because they have been reported.

It is possible your host got reported for spam and figured stopping the reports going to spamcop was the best way to avoid that. In other words, your host may have blacklisted sending any email to spam.spamcop.net.

Thanks for the answers.

I mailed my IP a couple of days ago, but they have not replyed yet.

I create the reports the same way as I have done for years, before this problem suddenly appeared; I attach the spam as plain text to a mail with nothing in the body, and send it to my personal email address for reporting. I then used to get an email saying "Spamcop has accepted..., please go to url to finish report.", but I do not get such an response anymore, and there is no non-reported spam waiting. Instead I get the above error message from Mail Administrator.

I am actually not using neither Windows, Linux or Mac. I use Amiga with its own OS, called Workbench. Therefore I use the Amiga mailer YAM for sending the reports, as I have always done.

I will be very surprised if any of you have any experience with Amiga software, as it really is very retro and rather outdated.

I use a dial-up modem and have no real firewall.

I can, and do, of cause still report spam throgh the parser at the web page, but it really would be nice to find out what causes this strange problem, so any suggestions are very welcome.

I mailed my IP a couple of days ago, but they have not replyed yet.

Where did you mail your IP to? Did it get through? Can you try emailing the address in my sig with a fsubject mentioning the forum (so I won't accidentally report it) so we can see if email to spamcop.net domain is working? (one step at a time, you know)

I am actually not using neither Windows, Linux or Mac. I use Amiga with its own OS, called Workbench. Therefore I use the Amiga mailer YAM for sending the reports, as I have always done.

I will be very surprised if any of you have any experience with Amiga software, as it really is very retro and rather outdated.

Well, there a few 'old folks' floating around that recall the glory days of the 'computer that had/did it all, gracefully" <g> Just for giggles, check out http://www.amigaforever.com/system/ .. just in cae you stumble across one of those inferior machines and can't figure out what to do with it ....

As Steven suggests, and as in the FAQ entry, sending something with a CC: address to yet another account elsewhere would help identify if any blocking is going on ...

Where did you mail your IP to? Did it get through? Can you try emailing the address in my sig with a fsubject mentioning the forum (so I won't accidentally report it) so we can see if email to spamcop.net domain is working? (one step at a time, you know)

I simply replied on the error message, to postmaster. I think it got through.

Is it my personal report address you ask for, and is it true that I must remove the "+forum" from your address?

As Steven suggests, and as in the FAQ entry, sending something with a CC: address to yet another account elsewhere would help identify if any blocking is going on ...

I have tried CC myself, and the mail got through to me, but not to spamcop.

I will take a look at the link. :)

Off-Topic I suppose, but ..... http://www.aros.org/ even offers data/links to Commodore-64 emulation that runs under Amiga-OS <g> Bringing back the days of yore there ... me running an Apple ][ BBS, a guy a half-dozen doors down the street with his C-64 based BBS, a guy a couple of blocks behind me running his BBS on one of those expensive IBM type computers <g>, my 'second-in-command' running his on an Amiga ... working on everything from embedded Z-80's and CP/M to various mainframes and mini's throughout the day, whooping the crap out of each other in TradeWars during the evening/night hours ....

Anyway, the CC: that made it to one place, not another .. appears there is another ISP that needs to be added to the FAQ here on that subject ....

Is it my personal report address you ask for, and is it true that I must remove the "+forum" from your address?

No, I was asking for a simple message. Some software will not accept the +forum but if your system allows it, you can include it and it will help me to not get the message caught in my held mail. You could also try to send a simple message to your submit address at the same time. If spamcop receives it, they will send you a message but the parse will fail. This will test if your ISP is blocking ALL messages to spamcop.comnet in general or specifically to spam.spamcop.net. You could use an alternate external account (yahoo) for the same test.

A second test would be to cc that external account on your next submittal. Looking at your recent post, it seems you emailed the same system you used for sending, this might be handles differently than when messages are sent externally.

Moderator edit: spam cop . com ??? ouch!! couldn't let that stand <g>

Baboon:

I got your message. Did it show up at your other accounts. It looks like you tried 2 others, the sending account (mail.dk) and another as well as you stated your submit address.

Did you get a reply to that message from Spamcop? I also did a test and received a reply with the Subject: [spamCop] Errors encountered a short time later.

Steven

Yes, I sent it to two of my accounts, of which one is external, and to the submit address. I got both copies from myself right away, but I have not heard from SpamCop about it yet.

But then I finally got a breakthrough, as I actually got a response (the same error message you got) from the parser when sending to it from the external address!

That is extremely good of cause, and does probably in a way solve my problem, but what do you think it all means?

Wazoo

I cannot find the FAQ entry you talk about, but the domain I cannot send to SpamCop from, provided by my IP, is post.tele.dk (or mail.dk).

As for the OT thing, you know they say when you play a Microsoft CD backward you can hear satanic messages, but that's nothing, if you play it forward it will install Windows! ;)

But then I finally got a breakthrough, as I actually got a response (the same error message you got) from the parser when sending to it from the external address!

That is extremely good of cause, and does probably in a way solve my problem, but what do you think it all means?

It means your ISP is likely blocking all emails to spam.spamcop.net addresses. Most we have found block outgoing because it looks like spam (so your simple test would have gone through), yours seems to have blacklisted the domain itself.

I cannot find the FAQ entry you talk about, but the domain I cannot send to SpamCop from, provided by my IP, is post.tele.dk (or mail.dk).

Check the SpamCop FAQ link above and search for the section on reporting. The titles you are looking for:

E-mail Submittal Problems / Issues

E-Mail spam submittals blocked by your ISP? Updated!

Emailed spam Submissions Disappearing? No Confirmation e-mails?

I am getting quite a few

Gateway Timeout(s)

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.ac002cc.xx59352175.107cea0

...this morning. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm not seeing it. From here:

>nslookup mailsc.spamcop.net

Server: resolver1.opendns.com

Address: 208.67.222.222

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: a905.g.akamai.net

Addresses: 209.170.113.7, 209.170.113.31

Aliases: mailsc.spamcop.net, mailsc.spamcop.net.edgesuite.net

>nslookup www.spamcop.net

Server: resolver1.opendns.com

Address: 208.67.222.222

Non-authoritative answer: