Luckyeo{DOT}com, Soundest{DOT}com, Rackspace{DOT}com, and Omnisend{DOT}com

rpprevost

I've been receiving numerous spam emails a day from "Luckyeo". The "from" address displays as "service=luckyeo.com@soundest.email; on behalf of; Luckyeo <service{AT}luckyeo{DOT}com>". When I run the email through SpamCop's parser, I get the option to send reports to "abuse{AT}rackspace{DOT}com" but I don't find any references to them in the email. I've found that "soundest.email" is hosted on an Omnisend server which has mailboxes for "anti-abuse{AT}omnisend{DOT}com" and "privacy{AT}omnisend{DOT}com" but SpamCop reports don't go to either of those. The emails contain links to "soundestlink{DOT}com" and when I attempt to go there, the browser gets redirected to Omnisend which displays this message . . . 

You’re here because you’ve tracked a link from an email that one of our clients sent using our platform - Omnisend. We’re an omnichannel marketing platform that sends millions of messages every day. Our goal is to help our users connect with their customers in a way that complies with spam and privacy laws. If you believe that the email you received was abusive, please send us an email at anti-abuse@omnisend.com and include the header of the email. We’ll make sure to take the needed actions to prevent this from happening in the future.

I thought this information might be helpful to others who receive email from Luckyeo.

The real sender and IP is resolved from the code and reports sent to the responsible service provider or network admin. I reported a smail today from a uni in peru domain but the address is routed to hide the true source and the abuse email to MS failed so it ended up with abuse at gmail. Reporting it to the uni would be ignored. Soundest is now omnisend and luckyeo are all hosted by cloudflare and they are useless.

• Lking changed the title to Luckyeo{DOT}com, Soundest{DOT}com, Rackspace{DOT}com, and Omnisend{DOT}com

Update . . . 

Today (1 day after reporting the spam emails), I received the following response from anti-abuse@Omnisend . . . 

"First of all, our apologies for this situation.
Omnisend - omnichannel marketing automation platform for E-commerce. Our company allows our customers to send newsletters through the Omnisend platform to their recipients. Sometimes we notice some spam complaints from our clients' customers, but we are doing everything to solve those situations.
For now, we took care that you would not receive any emails from the sender in question. It may however take up to 48 hours for our system to adjust to this change. We will also address the sender correspondingly.

Thank you for your time and apologies once again!"

I was pleasantly surprised to receive such a prompt and succinct reply. Kudos to them.

On 6/20/2023 at 5:57 PM, rpprevost said:

Omnisend - omnichannel marketing automation platform for E-commerce. Our company allows our customers to send newsletters through the Omnisend platform to their recipients.

"marketing automation platform for E-commerce" aka another phrase for spammer friendly

especially when followed by the statement: Our company allows our customers to send newsletters through the [insert platform name] platform to their recipients (no matter if the recipient signed up or not)

On 6/20/2023 at 5:57 PM, rpprevost said:

For now, we took care that you would not receive any emails from the sender in question. It may however take up to 48 hours for our system to adjust to this change. We will also address the sender correspondingly.

in short: We have unsubscribed you. We will ask the sender (them) not to add you again, but we can't promise anything. They might refresh their database and you might be listed again for their "E-commerce" mailings.

yeah... that's how I read these replies...
one reply I got some time ago (I sent it under a different anti-spam email address)

The email you forwarded was sent to you by GetResponse S.A. on behalf of their client. GetResponse S.A. is a CSA certified sender. The eco Complaints Office handles complaints cases for the CSA.

Through the complaints process, we would try and find out how your e-mail address (my-anti-spam-email-address(at)some-email-host) was collected. In order to do this, we would have to forward the email you reported including the header information to GetResponse S.A. and request specific information on the collection of your data (i.e. information on consent or a customer relationship, including location/source, date/time, IP, product purchased). If necessary, GetResponse S.A. might forward your complaint to their customer to be able to obtain this information.
Afterwards, we would send you the requested data and give you an opportunity to comment.

Please let us know if you would like us to proceed. The complaints process would not incur any charges for you. 

yeah, "we would try to find out how your e-mail address was collected. We would have to forward it to xy (who} [...] might forward your complaint to their customer to be able to obtain this information.

and that's when I have found my email address, previously naïvely given to similar outfits, to have propagated to other spammers...
nope. like W Bush said before: Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me- you can't get fooled again.

Wow that crapola sounds like more pain not less. I would be worried that if they got my email address by deceptive means in the first place and I tried to unsub they would on-sell my details to recover the cost of buying the lead. In this case luckyeo is a new company and is refusing to disclose the owner in a public company so sus and more sus so I would not shop there.