78-year-old Newbie, spam sent to Spamcop address, forwarded to my usual address

I have been getting full headers and reporting to Spamcop emails for several years.  Now, the spammer is sending emails to my Spamcop address and it is being forwarded, as I requested, to my home email address. 

When I try to report it, I get the "internal ip" error message. 

I replied to test messages to reset my Spamcop mail host and they say, "Success," but when I go to my mailhosts page, only the pre-existing single Spamcop mail host is shown and I cannot delete it ("Already deleted?"] to add the 3 new ones in the Success emails.

Is there a delay in updating mailhosts?  Do I simply have to wait to try to report spams until the system somehow accepts the new mailhosts? 

Old and Confused,

Ian 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 6:26 AM, Tondelayo2023 said:

I have been getting full headers and reporting to Spamcop emails for several years.  Now, the spammer is sending emails to my Spamcop address and it is being forwarded, as I requested, to my home email address. 

I replied to test messages to reset my Spamcop mail host and they say, "Success," but when I go to my mailhosts page, only the pre-existing single Spamcop mail host is shown and I cannot delete it ("Already deleted?"] to add the 3 new ones in the Success emails.

Is there a delay in updating mailhosts?  Do I simply have to wait to try to report spams until the system somehow accepts the new mailhosts? 

Old and Confused,

Ian 

send a tracking URL then members can se what's happening. Found at TOP of page BEFORE you submit spam.
Example
SpamCop v 5.4.0 © 2023 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6854348040zd3d31a0fc2d2aaa64fd50fd2220d9a9az
Skip to Reports

1 hour ago, petzl said:

Found at TOP of page BEFORE you submit spam.
Example

Or go to past reports select report click parse and all will be revealed.

If the spam is sent directly to SC is that effectively cutting out the middle man and the spammer is kicking an own goal? Could be a spambot having a bad day?

If it was the reporting address, then it would be a contact to the deputies. Could also be a reply to a sent report using that report ID's address.

https://forum.spamcop.net/topic/9315-spam-sent-to-reports-address-report-id/

On 7/2/2023 at 3:26 PM, Tondelayo2023 said:

Old and Confused,

Ian 

Hi Ian,

I don't use mailhosts, but since this thread popped up again, I decided to look a bit (again) into the "internal IP" error and found this thread (or rather sub-thread since the possible solution might start with this comment, or maybe two comments prior...) :

hope it helps.