emailing vanishing from inbox

I have an intermittent problem with uncheck messages vanishing from my inbox when I am deleting or moving checked items. The first couple of times it happened I assumed that I had checked something I didn't want checked. Since then I've double checked to make sure I am only working with the items I wanted to move or delete and it still happens. Once the items that I wanted to save have vanished neither a manual search or using the search feature will find them.

Is this a bug or what?

Thanks,

Betty

betty[at]bfellows.com

...Is this a bug or what?
Having both checked and unchecked deleted items is know to be a risk. Doesn't quite sound like your problem, but could you look at FAQ Entry: Webmail: Deleting and Moving Messages please (if you haven't already) and confirm that does not apply to what you're seeing? Just seems to me it is very easy to stray into one or two pitfalls and it just *could* be your problem though what you've described so far doesn't quite fit.

Some additional information would be very helpful.

Assumption: you are using the WebMail interface with a spamcop email account.

Please list your current folder structure: ie

INBOX

-->HeldMail

-->Trash

Note: all folders should be subfolders of the INBOX

What browser and operating system are you using?

List the exact steps you do that seem to result in the problem.

Note: there are more than just one way to move and delete messages so please be very detailed.

Some additional information would be very helpful.

Assumption: you are using the WebMail interface with a spamcop email account.

Please list your current folder structure: ie

INBOX

-->HeldMail

-->Trash

Note: all folders should be subfolders of the INBOX

What browser and operating system are you using?

List the exact steps you do that seem to result in the problem.

Note: there are more than just one way to move and delete messages so please be very detailed.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.7 on a Mac running OS 10.4.8.

Steps:

1. check items that I want to move

2. Go to pull down box next to Move & Copy and select either "held mail" or the name of a sub-folder I've greated.

3. Double check that I've only selected the items I want to move.

4. Select "move"

5. I then notice that not only the select items, but sometimes other items have been moved as well.

6. Check the folder that I moved everything else to and all of the checked items do get move into the folder but not the vanished, unchecked items. Do a full search which fails to turn up any of the missing items.

The closest I could see in recent times was Disappearing mail which is not described quite the same way but that could just be the description. Solution - email JT (or, I guess, use the contact form at http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php)

That was not the one I was thinking of, but was not able to locate it myself. It specifically dealy with checking messages and strange things happening. I found one that the supposition was that java scri_pt had been turned of, but that was not my though either.

Archived