necessary to send reports?

tracee3dca

I've checked around and don't see that anyone else has asked the following question.

I've given up reporting spam by email since too many were being lost between my mail server and spamcop's. I'd just never get a message back.

I'm wondering: is it possible that even though I didn't get a return confirmation back from spamcop asking me to process the spam, does the spamcop system still take the info it can from the headers and blacklist the spammer? Or do I really have to receive and click on the confirmation in order for spamcop to do any processing on the spam headers?

Now that I've moved to using the web submission form (which works great) do I really have to do the second step "send reports" or has spamcop already taken the info from the headers and added those sites to blacklists?

Thank you,

:huh:

Yes, you must confirm the reports. This is your opporunity to check and make sure that reports are going where they should be going rather than somewhere they shouldn't (like back to your own ISP).

As far as email submissions go, if the messages are getting to spamcop and you are just not getting confirmations, you can simply log in to spamcop.net and complete the final step there, you don't have to have the confirmation email for that.

If the submitted spams are not showing up at spamcop.net at all, then it is likely that your ISP is using some kind of outbound mail filtering without your knowledge. You should contact them immediately and demand that they stpo if this was not part of the service agreement that you agreed to.

I've checked around and don't see that anyone else has asked the following question.

That's more than a bit strange .... it's happened so often that there are several FAQ entries developed 'here' just for this subject.

I've given up reporting spam by email since too many were being lost between my mail server and spamcop's. I'd just never get a message back.

And in those various FAQ entries are some troubleshooting steps to try to locate just where the problem might be.

I'm wondering: is it possible that even though I didn't get a return confirmation back from spamcop asking me to process the spam, does the spamcop system still take the info it can from the headers and blacklist the spammer? Or do I really have to receive and click on the confirmation in order for spamcop to do any processing on the spam headers?

Are you perhaps Quick-Reporting? Are you Mole-Reporting? If not, then nothing goes out .. this is as per the agreement you clicked on when generating your Reporting account ... you are responsible for which reports go out and where they are targeted.

Now that I've moved to using the web submission form (which works great) do I really have to do the second step "send reports" or has spamcop already taken the info from the headers and added those sites to blacklists?

As above, if you do not verify the results and actually select the targets, hit the Submit button .. there has been no report generated.

Others have already answered this question directly. If, though, you have a track record of reliability in reporting you can, I understand, request the option for Quick Reporting. This allows a single step reporting process but significantly increases the risk of reporting yourself and doesn't look at so-called spamvertised URLs.

Andrew

Others have already answered this question directly. If, though, you have a track record of reliability in reporting you can, I understand, request the option for Quick Reporting. This allows a single step reporting process but significantly increases the risk of reporting yourself and doesn't look at so-called spamvertised URLs.

This will not work if it is his ISP that is blocking the outgoing messages, which is what I read the following quote as:

since too many were being lost between my mail server and spamcop's

Archived