Mac OS X Mail spam to spamcop solution wanted

Hello,

Once there was a great Spamcop plugin for Mac Os X Mail. But this wasn't made by spamcop.net & the creator wasn't folowwing the rules of Spamcop. So Spamcop has forbidden the plugin & the developer stopped making updates.

This caused new versions of Mac OS X to be incompatible with the plugin ( Actually the new version iof Mail supplied in this new OS version is incompatible )

Until now i have been fortunad to be able to fix it to still work by updating my OS instead of fresh installing it.

How long will i be able to keep doing this , i dunno.

What i do know is that the plugin is PowerPC code & Apple has switched to x86 code. ( i also know about Safari & plugins -> if Safari x86 is used no PPC plugins can be used -> possible solution get a PPC version of Safari which will run using Roseta (emulation) on x86 & then rosseta will be using ppc plugins.

At the end this wont be a good solution so when i will getting me a new x86 based Mac i will loose the plugin.

So can someone please make a decent new Mail plugin for Mac OS X

Thx

...I have posted a reply there , you might want to read it. I hope the creators of the app & sc_ript reads it aswell.
Yep, saw that, thanks for clarification - maybe others can provide contact details as a further possibility for getting some answers. Good luck and let us know how you go, if you would.

Unfortunally the scri_pt & application in that other post are not working here.

The Application was good looking & seemed promissing. I configured it with my Mail's folders & my spamcop account. However it didn't seeme to send any spam to spamcop since i never got spamcop mail with report links.

I then manually deinstalled & reinstalled all my mail bundles (plug ins) (i found out there was updates for a few of them too) on my user again to troubleshout mail. At the end the spamcop mailbundle was working again to. End well i presume.

Although i understand using unsupported software is never good & hope in seeing a working solution with atleast the same capacities of the spamcop mail bundle & hopefully go further in totally automating the report process.

Seeing that in near future i too like all other Mac users have to migrate to intel platform based OS X there is need for a new solution indeed that will be universal as in working on both powerpc as intel versions of Mail

Mybe all post about this subject could be merged in one thread which clearly askes for a new solution

Unfortunally the scri_pt & application in that other post are not working here....
(That's For Mac users: automatic reports with Applescripts for reference).

Thanks for the update - darn, that's unfortunate. Maybe kiberkli has subscribed to that topic and could offer suggestions. Otherwise there's a blog link on his download webpage with the invitation to leave comments.

... Mybe all post about this subject could be merged in one thread which clearly askes for a new solution
Sounds reasonable - would have to agonize over it first, speaking for myself, not being that familiar with Macs since about 1994, consequently hazy about what is relevant, what is superseded etc.

Sounds reasonable - would have to agonize over it first, speaking for myself, not being that familiar with Macs since about 1994, consequently hazy about what is relevant, what is superseded etc.

Sounds reasonable to me as well. If there is concensus, I can move it later today (unless someone does it before then).

This Topic was posted into the Forum section titled and defined as;

SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > Suggested Tools and Applications

A Forum for pointing to those neat fixes and solutions that we've all been looking for. Free is great, open-source even better. Noting issues with Spyware/Adware would also be appreciated.

However, the Topic starting post did not include any links/pointers "to" any solutions, tools, etc.

The 'funny' part is that the then referenced 'suggested solution' was actually posted into the Forum section;

SpamCop Reporting Help

A forum to help users with reporting spam using the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service. Questions about the SpamCop Email System and/or Accounts should be directed to the SpamCop Email System & Accounts Forum. Questions about "your e-mail Blocked by SpamCop" should be directed to the SpamCop Blocklist Help Forum. Etc. etc., etc.

Neither of these actually seem to be 'about' development of third-party software ....

As far as "it doesn't work here" .... that should have been in a separate post into 'that' Topic. With just what didn't work, error messages, etc. For example, nothing said 'here' about the editing of a word here and there due to things happening within this Forum application.

Anyway, my vote on the subject, this Topic shouldn't exist in this Forum section .. rather seems like a 'New Feature Request' to me .... which was somewhat met by the referenced scri_pt file .....

Archived