who are blocking info[at]

email

I am sysadmin of china

That one of the biggest isp in China

Our client's emails are faild to send to hotmail and gmail if the email-address include "info" before [at], but the same domain name don't include "info" are successful. For example,

ld-info[at]domain.com, it is failed; lily[at]domain.com, it is successful

would you pls kind advise us the reason?

I am sysadmin of china

That makes very little sense, even ignoring the obvious language issue involved ..... "sysadmin of china" ????

Our client's emails are faild to send to hotmail and gmail if the email-address include "info" before [at], but the same domain name don't include "info" are successful. For example,

The first ovbious answer is that someone seems to be guessing at e-mail addresses, and some of those guesses aren't working.

Your example suggests that e-mail traffic does flow .. yet you don't offer the "error message / failure mode" that would suggest something other than "address not found" ....????

I fail to note anything here that has to do with the SpamCopDNSBL ... so moving this to the Lounge area with ths post ....

Later Edit: Deleted duplicate post made in the SpamCop.net E-Mail Account Forum section .... again, the only connecion seen would be the language issue.

i think . is not spamcop black .

i want to konw this question cause.

test result :

send to gmail.com:

telnet 64.233.167.114 25

Trying 64.233.167.114...

Connected to gsmtp167-2.google.com.

Escape character is '^]'.

220 mx.google.com ESMTP v55si6837032pyh

helo xxxxxx.com

250 mx.google.com at your service

mail from: <info[at]xxxx.com>

Connection closed by foreign host.send to hotmail.com

send to hotmail :

telnet 65.54.244.104 25

Trying 65.54.244.104...

Connected to mx4.hotmail.com.

Escape character is '^]'.

220 bay0-mc3-f18.bay0.hotmail.com Sending unsolicited commercial or bulk e-mail to Microsoft's computer network is prohibited. Other restrictions are found at http://privacy.msn.com/Anti-spam/. Violations will result in use of equipment located in California and other states. Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:20:21 -0800

helo xxxxx.com.cn

250 bay0-mc3-f18.bay0.hotmail.com (3.3.1.4) Hello [218.30.114.33]

mail from: <info[at]htmaConnection closed by foreign host.

return email:

>> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at m-g4.dns.com.cn.

>> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

>> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

>>

>> <xxxxx[at]hotmail.com>:

>> Connected to 65.54.245.40 but connection died. (#4.4.2)

>> I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

>>

>> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

>>

>> Return-Path: <xxxxx[at]west-lighting.com>

>> Received: (qmail 12375 invoked by uid 89); 2 Feb 2007 03:57:59 -0000

>> Received: from unknown (HELO A85) (202.105.20.221)

>> by 218.30.114.47 with SMTP; 2 Feb 2007 03:57:59 -0000

>> Message-ID: <010901c7467e$718406d0$6401a8c0[at]A85>

>> From: "Lizzy" <xxxx[at]xxxxx.com>

>> To: =?gb2312?B?1tzA+7Hz?= <xxxxx[at]hotmail.com>

>> Subject: =?gb2312?B?vfSjusfrsO/DprGosPzXsLPftOc=?=

>> Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:58:47 +0800

>> MIME-Version: 1.0

>> Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

>> boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0106_01C746C1.7EE640C0"

>> X-Priority: 1

>> X-MSMail-Priority: High

>> X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180

>> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962

>>

>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

>>

>> ------=_NextPart_000_0106_01C746C1.7EE640C0

>> Content-Type: text/plain;

>> charset="gb2312"

>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Best Regards !

I am sysadmin of china

blocking is done by the IP address that is sending the email. Blocking is unlikely to be by email address with hotmail and or gmail To my knowledge their blocklists are not made known to public

IP addresses become blocked when to many reports of spam are made. SpamCop's blocklist is for members although many others use it as it blocks spam while it is being sent, quickly releasing it when spam attack stops making it a good choice in spam control

China has a bad image from anyone trying to get email. Far to many of China's ISP's do nothing to stop or discorage spammers. I block China the country from sending me email unless I have email address whitelisted

It is also known your own country also blocks access to much of the Internet outside of China

send to gmail.com:

telnet 64.233.167.114 25

Trying 64.233.167.114...

Connected to gsmtp167-2.google.com.

Not sure why you used that MX. When I check the DNS for gmail.com, I see other host names and IPs that are preferred over any of the "gsmtp..." hosts.

But, I went ahead and did the same test that you did from a web server, talking to the same MX for gmail, and it happily accepted my "MAIL FROM:<info[at].." command, so it's not the "info" that they don't like. It probably is a combination of things, such as they see that the mail is coming from China.

I also tried the same MX for Hotmail and it accepted my "info[at]" address with no problem. So, to answer your quetion, no, these large email providers do not seem to be blocking all addresses with "info" in the username. Given your country's horrible reputation as a source of spam, and host to countless "spamvertized" websites, it probably has something to do with that. I can't explain why one "FROM" address would be accepted and not another, however.

Peace,

DT

Archived