No data / Too much data

June

I copy and paste spam (with full headers) into spamcop almost every day, without problems. I did so yesterday, with no problem. Today I get the following message:

"No data / Too much data You are most likely submitting a very large email. Please trim some of the unnecessary data (noting where this has been done) from this posting and try again. SpamCop will no longer accept email larger than 50.0K bytes.

Other possibilities: You may have a firewall which prevents HTTP POST commands, you may have linked to the wrong URL or your browser does not handle binary submissions correctly (try a different browser) "

I'm logged in correctly; I'm using IE6.0; the e-mail that I'm pasting is about 2k. I turned off my firewall, doesn't make a difference.

What changed between yesterday and today? I'm a subscriber and have paid for spamcopy usage. And now I'm unable to use it.

Help, please.

I copy and paste spam (with full headers) into spamcop almost every day, without problems.  I did so yesterday, with no problem.  Today I get the following message:

"No data / Too much data You are most likely submitting a very large email. Please trim some of the unnecessary data (noting where this has been done) from this posting and try again. SpamCop will no longer accept email larger than 50.0K bytes.

[snip]

If you're using Netscape you might take a look at http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/280.html

Hi, June!

I copy and paste spam (with full headers) into spamcop almost every day, without problems.  I did so yesterday, with no problem.  Today I get the following message:

Other possibilities: You may have a firewall which prevents HTTP POST commands, you may have linked to the wrong URL or your browser does not handle binary submissions correctly (try a different browser) "

I'm logged in correctly; I'm using IE6.0; the e-mail that I'm pasting is about 2k.  I turned off my firewall, doesn't make a difference.

What changed between yesterday and today?  I'm a subscriber and have paid for spamcopy usage.  And now I'm unable to use it.

Help, please.

...This happens to me all the time when I try to report spam that contains non-Latin characters (usually Chinese). When this happens, I either

• change the non-Latin characters to something like "<snip non-Latin characters>"

or

• remove the entire spam body and replace it with "<snip entire body due to non-Latin characters>"

...HTH. Good luck!

Have you tried submitting the particular spam that's giving you trouble via email to your submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net address (substituting as appropriate)?

Archived