Apparent error when reporting spam

tombailey

As of about a week ago, most of the spam I tried to report received what seems like an error message: "No body provided, check format of submission". I'm doing what I've always done which is to copy the properties details of the spammail. It still works for some spam. Have spammers found a way to get around SpamCop's reporting?

Thanks

There are numerous Topics here (and threads over in the newsgroups) dealing with parsing errors due to mal-formed e-mails, some of them actually not having bodies. So yes, there are issues, but to give you a specific answer to your situation, things like what software you use, a tracking URL or sample spam, some specific details on your specific spam has to be seen to say something significant about your "stuff" ... You say you "copy" something, so it seems like you could tell whether or not there was actually a "body" .. and if so, then the error message is probably based on mangled, missing, screwed up header lines .. but again, specifics are elusive with no data to look at.

I don't see how this can be its own FAQ when there hasn't really been a resolution yet. There seem to be several variants.

However, I am going to try to consolidate some of the known problems - if you want to make comments in the Lounge on what the FAQ should look like.

Miss Betsy

Archived