Diskspace

I am looking at Spamcop. I hope this is the right forum for this topic. I can not seem to find any mention of disk storage allotment as well as attachment size limits on accounts. I would think this is obvious and I have not looked in the right place.

Jim

At present, limits are not being imposed ... but this is not a license to let things build up immensely (noting that webmail and IMAP tools tend to slow way down when the files get huge) and of course, JT could impose limits at any time. File attachment size I believe was noted as "no limits here" .. but will note that in general, 2Meg is about the largest that normally has a chance to traverse the net, and even that's no guarantee these days. If you're doing the big file thing, you really ought to start looking at better methods of distribution, like FTP.

I agree that e-mail is not a file transport mechanism. I come from the days of vt100 and vms mail (which I still use). I do use IMAP (mulberry) and realise the constraints. I just wanted to know the specifications before I make a decision. PMDF Deliver just doesn't cut it anymore and since the server I am on is free and relatively low powered Precisemail is not an option.

Jim

Please note that the performance problems with Webmail talking to imap.spamcop.net have to do with the quantity of emails, not the size of those emails. Quantity, not size, is the practical problem at present. When I let my trash build up for more than about five days (perhaps three to four thousand emails), Webmail starts getting sluggish.

Archived