Error Messages, no Tracking URL

rcrd2111

I've had a few of these since the latest version of webmail was introduced. I can't find the "new version answers page"! Maybe someone could tell me what it means? They were all returned after reporting as spam on webmail. My "*" inserted as appropriate.

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Return-Path: <***[at]spamcop.net>

Received: from sc-smtp1-bulkmx.soma.ironport.com (sc-smtp1-bulkmx.soma.ironport.com [204.15.82.123])

by sc-app3.soma.ironport.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 12CF4142D9

for <ver.***+spamcop.net-1187162108-7bb768958e6cb5f6a133e09e5c84b996[at]spam.spamcop.net>; Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:15:11 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from c60.cesmail.net ([216.154.195.49])

by sc-smtp1-bulkmx.soma.ironport.com with ESMTP; 15 Aug 2007 00:15:09 -0700

Received: from unknown (HELO delta2) ([192.168.*.**])

by c60.cesmail.net with ESMTP; 15 Aug 2007 03:15:08 -0400

Message-ID: <20070815081508.3s1gh3wwwqo4s80c[at]webmail.spamcop.net>

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:15:08 +0100

To: ver.***+spamcop.net-1187162108-7bb768958e6cb5f6a133e09e5c84b996[at]spam.spamcop.net

Subject: spam Report from ***[at]spamcop.net

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/digest;

boundary="=_1viqozbjki64"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.4)

This message is in MIME format.

--=_1viqozbjki64

Content-Type: message/rfc822

--=_1viqozbjki64--

The email which triggered this auto-response had the following headers:

Return-Path: <***[at]spamcop.net>

Received: from sc-smtp1-bulkmx.soma.ironport.com (sc-smtp1-bulkmx.soma.ironport.com [204.15.82.123])

by sc-app3.soma.ironport.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 12CF4142D9

for <ver.***+spamcop.net-1187162108-7bb768958e6cb5f6a133e09e5c84b996[at]spam.spamcop.net>; Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:15:11 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from c60.cesmail.net ([216.154.195.49])

by sc-smtp1-bulkmx.soma.ironport.com with ESMTP; 15 Aug 2007 00:15:09 -0700

Received: from unknown (HELO delta2) ([192.168.*.**])

by c60.cesmail.net with ESMTP; 15 Aug 2007 03:15:08 -0400

Message-ID: <20070815081508.3s1gh3wwwqo4s80c[at]webmail.spamcop.net>

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:15:08 +0100

To: ver.***+spamcop.net-1187162108-7bb768958e6cb5f6a133e09e5c84b996[at]spam.spamcop.net

Subject: spam Report from ***[at]spamcop.net

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/digest;

boundary="=_1viqozbjki64"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.4)

I've had a few of these since the latest version of webmail was introduced. I can't find the "new version answers page"!

information on the WebMail application is found in the Forum section titled SpamCop Email System & Accounts

Maybe someone could tell me what it means? They were all returned after reporting as spam on webmail.

as requested/suggested in numerous places, a Tracking URL would help. Having to guess what what you copied, what you left out, what you edited, what this forum application 'changed' .... actually a bit of a waste of time ... seeing the 'actual' data would stop all the guessing ...

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Typically means that the 'format' of the submittal has issues. However, please re-read the above. there are actually several ways to accomplish "reporting as spam on webmail" and you didn't specify exactly how you tried this. Your posted 'sample' is missing data .. again, was this because you didn't provide everything, or ...???? A Tracking URL would have answered this ....

information on the WebMail application is found in the Forum section titled SpamCop Email System & Accounts

as requested/suggested in numerous places, a Tracking URL would help. Having to guess what what you copied, what you left out, what you edited, what this forum application 'changed' .... actually a bit of a waste of time ... seeing the 'actual' data would stop all the guessing ...

Typically means that the 'format' of the submittal has issues. However, please re-read the above. there are actually several ways to accomplish "reporting as spam on webmail" and you didn't specify exactly how you tried this. Your posted 'sample' is missing data .. again, was this because you didn't provide everything, or ...???? A Tracking URL would have answered this ....

I reported it as spam by simply checking the tickbox and clicking on "report as spam". The information I have posted here is totally complete.... as far as I can see the spam was reported automatically in a "complete" state via webmail; there appears to be nothing else to report! The original spam was deleted by the reporting process so I have no access to any other information.

My past report tracking URL list appears to be about 24 hours behind times anyway... the last one on the list is dated some time on the 14th. This one and many others have been reported on the 15th.

My past report tracking URL list appears to be about 24 hours behind times anyway... the last one on the list is dated some time on the 14th. This one and many others have been reported on the 15th.

OK... tracking URLs have now been updated... there is definitely no URL which corresponds to the error message which I gave in the first post in this thread. All the URLs shown in the "Previous Reports" list correspond to "normal" SC Quick Reports which I have received. The error messages, which are Titled "Spamcop Autoresponder" are totally stand-alone; it looks to me as though SC is rejecting its own reports somehow.

That tells the whole story. There is no need for tracking URLS or additional data.

That "To" address says that Jeff's webmail system sent the spam to the reporting system. The problem is that there was no spam in the submission email.

It's a technical issue with Jeff's system, or maybe a server issue on the reporting side. There is nothing the user can do to help. We usually see these when the reporting side is having server problems, which has been the case recently.

I suspect the problem will simply go away as we bring more servers into the farm and work out some database issues.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

This was a bug that was fixed in the old webmail, but the fix didn't make it through the upgrade. We got it installed on the new system yesterday, and you shouldn't see any more errors like that. The problem is that sometimes the webmail system forwards empty messages to the SpamCop reporting system, and then SpamCop obviously says "cannot find spam in your message."

If you receive anymore e-mails like that, please forward them to webmailbeta[at]spamcop.net and we'll get it checked out.

-Trevor

Tagged as Resolved.

Additional data will eventually be added to the FAQ / Wiki somewhere to address this kind of issue ....

Made difficult as only folks with direct server access would be able to 'see' an issue like this .. and those people don't (have the time to) constantly monitor the 'support' venues .. and the 'knowledge' of this kind of stuff has not been passed on those that 'do' monitor and respond to (other) user issues.

If this is resolved, as is reported here, why am I still getting dozens of error messages? I'm sending a lot of them to the webmailbeta email address, but not all, by any means. I would suggest, at least according to my results, that it is NOT resolved by any stretch of the imagination.

OK .. will remove the tag .... once again, the Forum Admin is only a volunteer ....

Data posted here (unknown to anyone providing routine support here) from paid staff on both sides of the issue (IronPort and CESmail) indicted that the issue was resolved. That you say it hasn't and that further (private) dialog has been going on, ... not sure what else to offer here beyond editing the Subject/Title a bit more while I was at it to make it a bit more definitive.

Archived