Numerous SC parsing issues

KillSpammers

Hi all. These issues have been going on for years and I'm most curious as to why SC refuses to fix them.

The first one: "Too many links" message showing up when parsing an email. WTF? So what are the victims supposed to do about this?? And NO, they are NOT from the same domain, and YES they are ALL spamming and NOT innocent URL's.

Another issue: a totally different IP address can be given for a criminal URL each time it is checked! RX81.com is one of countless criminal domains that SC will say has a different IP and host each time it checks. So just WHO is the responsible (or irresponsible) host for domains such as that? So far SC has given more than TWENTY DIFFERENT IP's/hosts for that domain.

Still another issue, why does SC insist on using bogus email address to which it sends reports? I have brought this to their attention countless times. For example, they still send reports to abuse[at]aol.com when that address has been trashed years ago. That's just one of hundreds that are no longer valid, yet SC will not update the contact information to which the reports are sent.

Thanks.

-Rick

Wow, pretty much all of your questions could have been handled by a few minutes in the FAQ, but none-the-less, I'll take a shot at them for you.

The first one: "Too many links" message showing up when parsing an email. WTF? So what are the victims supposed to do about this?? And NO, they are NOT from the same domain, and YES they are ALL spamming and NOT innocent URL's.

The primary mission of spamcop is to report the source of spam messages, not the URLs spammed. That is an add-on created for the convenience of spamcop users. As such, only a limited amount of CPU cycles will be devoted to that mission. If a message contains more URLs than spamcop is willing to tackle, it will deal with as many of them as is feasible in a limited amount of time, and then give this error. If you wish to report spammed URLs, you would be better off to forward the emails to knujon as well as spamcop, as that is knujon's primary mission. If you want to provide a tracking URL, I'm sure one of us here at the forums could give you a bit more detail.

Another issue: a totally different IP address can be given for a criminal URL each time it is checked! RX81.com is one of countless criminal domains that SC will say has a different IP and host each time it checks. So just WHO is the responsible (or irresponsible) host for domains such as that? So far SC has given more than TWENTY DIFFERENT IP's/hosts for that domain.

This kind of round-robin DNS is a common technique used by spammers. Most of the phony RX and replica sites are hosted on compromised unix machines located all around the world. The spammers then setup DNS (also usually on compromised unix machines) to rotate between all of their hosting servers. This way if one server dies, another can pick up in its place. It also makes reporting difficult as any given reporting cycle is only going to get the hosts that DNS happened to return.

Still another issue, why does SC insist on using bogus email address to which it sends reports? I have brought this to their attention countless times. For example, they still send reports to abuse[at]aol.com when that address has been trashed years ago. That's just one of hundreds that are no longer valid, yet SC will not update the contact information to which the reports are sent.

That would be a question for the deputies. If internal routing has been entered at the request of an ISP for a particular range of IPs, that would override anything you see. Failing manual routing, spamcop uses data listed in the WHOIS registry, or at Abuse.net to route reports. Do you have a tracking URL showing a message being routed to abuse[at]aol.com? I would guess that if spamcop is sending messages to that address, it is still accepting emails, as spamcop will quit sending reports to addresses that bounce a few times.

Hi, Rick,

<snip>

The first one: "Too many links" message showing up when parsing an email. WTF?

<snip>[/b]

See Forum article "Request for Sample Bad spam." Next, look at article "Manual Report - SpamCop Dictionary."
Another issue: a totally different IP address can be given for a criminal URL each time it is checked! RX81.com is one of countless criminal domains that SC will say has a different IP and host each time it checks.

<snip>

...Go to the top of the screen and type "round robin" (including the quotes) into the entry field to the right of "Search for -->" and then click the Go button.
Still another issue, why does SC insist on using bogus email address to which it sends reports?

<snip>

...Please provide an IP address for the spam source so we can do further research. Normally, AIUI, SpamCop uses official sources such as abuse.net to determine the correct address. Also AIUI the normal way to suggest an e-mail address to which to report spam would be to post to newsgroup spamcop.routing -- have you done so? If not, you may wish to look at the reference in SpamCop Wiki article "SpamCop Newsgroups."

Telarin, I DID look at the FAQ's and searched. Everything I saw regarding "Too many links" pertained to links that were on the same domain, or innocent, that's why I mentioned that! And how would I know to search for "round robin", when the only people that knows what that means are established members here that are familiar with it??

Regarding "Too many links", so there's nothing that can be done to track down this criminal scum? Who or what is "knujon" and how do I report through them? Will they parse an entire email and not choke on multiple URL's?

Do you have a tracking URL showing a message being routed to abuse[at]aol.com?

No that was just an example that I remember. The address doesn't exactly bounce back, an AR is sent back stating that the email address is no longer valid and you have to report via other channels.

Turetzsr, Regarding the bogus reporting addresses, I only know that AOL one from memory, I can't remember any others. They of course are mostly all of the criminal and scam supporting chinese and india hosts and ISP's. I know this because we also anonymously sent reports through an anonymous email address and most of the ISP's and hosts' email addresses are bounced back invalid.

No, I am unfamiliar with newsgroup spamcop.routing, but I wouldn't know which valid email addresses to suggest to them for people to use. All I know is which are invalid.

Thanks for the replies.

-Rick

...Another issue: a totally different IP address can be given for a criminal URL each time it is checked! RX81.com is one of countless criminal domains that SC will say has a different IP and host each time it checks. So just WHO is the responsible (or irresponsible) host for domains such as that? So far SC has given more than TWENTY DIFFERENT IP's/hosts for that domain....
Hi Rick. Complainterator is a tool specifically designed to home in on the one weak link in the revolving host server scenario - the domain registrar. See Complainterator update (and search on that name in these forums for detailed discussion on how the SC approach can never come close to touching those guys - that's why Complainterator came into being).

No getting around it - for a complete job of spam fighting you just have to step out of SC (into a variety of other services and report destinations) to cover the non-core circumstances. But Complainterator and KnujOn should handle most of what you are talking about. You queried KnujOn. They're not in hiding, look them up - enough to know their mission (unlike Sc's) is to take on the spam sites - see http://www.knujon.com/sendusspam.html

I DID look at the FAQ's and searched. Everything I saw regarding "Too many links" pertained to links that were on the same domain, or innocent, that's why I mentioned that!

My thoughts are that there are just as many 'samples' discussed within this Forum that deal with same-Domain links as those that show links that are not 'co-located' .. as you say, depends on just what you did look at.

And how would I know to search for "round robin", when the only people that knows what that means are established members here that are familiar with it??

The standard problem/issue with doing any type of search ... terminology. This scenario shows up as round-robin, fast-flux, rotating DNS, etc., etc. etc. This is also the reason for the generation of the Dictionary, Glossary, and the latest Wiki tool .... to help provide answers and actual descriptions of some of the techy words such that folks won't be trying to come up with their own (sometimes silly, usually wrong) definitions for 'common' issues. The typical post that ends up being this 'problem' is usually couched as "URL won't resolve" ot "URL resolves to a different IP address every time I check it" ....

Regarding "Too many links", so there's nothing that can be done to track down this criminal scum?

How much time do you want to spend on it? Many options out there to generate your own "Manual Reports"

Who or what is "knujon" and how do I report through them? Will they parse an entire email and not choke on multiple URL's?

Funny, you started this out with a "I know how to search for stuff" remark .... so this question seems to be very out-of-place.

Regarding the bogus reporting addresses, I only know that AOL one from memory, I can't remember any others. They of course are mostly all of the criminal and scam supporting chinese and india hosts and ISP's. I know this because we also anonymously sent reports through an anonymous email address and most of the ISP's and hosts' email addresses are bounced back invalid.

Not everything is exactly as seen. Numerous ISPs have requested that SpamCop.net reports go to a specific address, which may not match what you find listed in the WHOIS records, abuse,net database, etc.

On the other hand, the Reporting system does see (and count) bounces, rejections, etc. Too many of these and one sees that further reports end up going to a dev.null address while still feeding the SpamCopDNSBL.

No, I am unfamiliar with newsgroup spamcop.routing, but I wouldn't know which valid email addresses to suggest to them for people to use. All I know is which are invalid.

And as I stated in my Wiki entry on SpamCop.net newsgroups, it is expected that you will do your homework before posting there.

No getting around it - for a complete job of spam fighting you just have to step out of SC (into a variety of other services and report destinations) to cover the non-core circumstances.

In full agreement with the thought here ... SpamCop.net is but a tool. Meaning that when I hit the garage and open up any of my toolboxes, I don't see 'one tool' ... I see a number of tools, each designed to do a different job/task. I have to decide which one to use to accomplish what's needed at the time. As conjectured, there are times when I'll need to use multiple tools at the same time .... and I'd not be the first that had to actually mis-use a certain tool to try to get some good results, i.e., a hammer/chisel combination because I didn't have a wrench of the correct size .....

The standard problem/issue with doing any type of search ... terminology. This scenario shows up as round-robin, fast-flux, rotating DNS, etc., etc. etc. This is also the reason for the generation of the Dictionary, Glossary, and the latest Wiki tool .... to help provide answers and actual descriptions of some of the techy words such that folks won't be trying to come up with their own (sometimes silly, usually wrong) definitions for 'common' issues. The typical post that ends up being this 'problem' is usually couched as "URL won't resolve" ot "URL resolves to a different IP address every time I check it" ....

So I'm supposed to waste my time at all these places trying to find out what the "correct terminology" is for websites with revolving IP addresses/hosts, just so I can post??

How much time do you want to spend on it? Many options out there to generate your own "Manual Reports"

I spend A LOT of time on this, but it's useless so far trying to find out the real IP's and hosts for these round robin sites.

Who or what is "knujon" and how do I report through them? Will they parse an entire email and not choke on multiple URL's?

Funny, you started this out with a "I know how to search for stuff" remark .... so this question seems to be very out-of-place.

What's with you?? Everyone else is kind and polite, helpful, yet you seem to think I have to waste more time searching for something that someone can answer in a second. You're rather confrontational aren't you. You must work for SC and don't like them being criticized. Maybe you have the time to search and search using some typical buggy forum search engine, but I DON'T. Obviously you DO have the time since you're an admin here! I have a business to run 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week. And as I said now twice, I DID SEARCH BEFORE I started this thread...and again, how the hell would I have originally known to search for "knujon" when I never heard of it before? The logical thing to do was to simply ask, hoping someone would describe it in a nutshell, which they did.

Not everything is exactly as seen. Numerous ISPs have requested that SpamCop.net reports go to a specific address, which may not match what you find listed in the WHOIS records, abuse,net database, etc.

On the other hand, the Reporting system does see (and count) bounces, rejections, etc. Too many of these and one sees that further reports end up going to a dev.null address while still feeding the SpamCopDNSBL.

The whois info is not withstanding. I'll describe this again: SC will parse an email and show the reporting addresses for the ISP and or the URL's in the email, to which the SC report will be sent. It is THESE email addresses that are quite frequently bogus, and have been that way for a long time. It's only after I have to dig further that I sometimes can find the legit email addresses. So if I can find them, I would think SC could and would finally update their info to lessen the work load on the submitees. As I stated, I have told them about these addresses but they are uninterested.

And as I stated in my Wiki entry on SpamCop.net newsgroups, it is expected that you will do your homework before posting here.

Excuse me, again. Look, I stopped doing homework 30 years ago, and as I stated I don't have the time to waste on cyber-terrorists, yet I still end up wasting loads on it. Furthermore, as I also stated, I DID SEARCH HERE BEFORE POSTING. If you don't like answering my questions (which I don't think you have, all you've done is complain about my post), then why are you on this thread, only to criticize me? Are you this way to everyone, or just made an exception in my case because I'm critical of SC, and harassment supporting ISP's & hosts? You could learn something about politeness and kindness from the others that replied here (and a thank you to them again). Obviously you're the one that deleted my post on the RoadRunner thread....you must like RoadRunner.

You should set an example here in showing some diplomacy and understanding instead of being critical and confrontational. I'm an admin for a few lists, and you'd never see me acting like this with a new member. If they ask, and I can answer, I answer. Tell ya what, once I get this thread resolved I'll leave and won't post here again, then you won't be bothered by me anymore. In the meantime, just ignore me. I NEVER get out of line unless I am first provoked.

Thank you.

Farelf, that Complainterator looks fascinating. Am I to understand they are only relying on the registrar of the spamming/scamming site to take action? If so do they provide email addresses for them? If so, I've never found a registrar that took any action against spammers. Even GoDaddy is a bit lacking in that area. The registrars in china, india, and most on RIPE condone it. In the unlikely event you can find a valid email address for them, it's ignored. Joker and that "Payee Center" I think it's called is probably the worse. (Well that's not it but it looks something like that).

In a word yes - I am not able to help you out much here (limited time), I just note

Why it exists

When I received a spam, I looked up the name servers for the spammed domain, and for each name server a whois lookup to find the registrar, and then I emailed complaints to each registrar. It was a tedious manual process.

Therefore I wrote a tool for my own use to automate the process. You feed in the domain name, and it prepares the complaint, one per name server, ready for you to

1. verify it,

2. check the registrar addressees in the To: and cc: fields,

3. make any last minute changes, and

4. click to send.

This is what I tried to convince Spamcop to implement, and then Ironport, but the ears were deaf. SpamCop successfully targets the Internet Services Provider (ISP) with complaints about the spam sender address, and optionally the hosted web site address for the spam. Complainterator goes one and two steps higher up the chain, and targets the registrars who sponsor the spammed sites by allowing them to exist, and to be accessed.

Yes, they are complaining to the Registrar. It takes more time (and expertise) than I have to do it, but I understand that, properly done, it is very effective.

There is discussion about this here.

I like the idea because it gets my dander up to see such obviously bogus registration information.

The more people who are complaining about it, the better it is. Perhaps, at some point, the registrar will have to verify the address /before/ they register a website. That would really put a dent in the spammers' ability to have multiple websites.

Miss Betsy

In a word yes - I am not able to help you out much here (limited time), I just note

Thanks I'll look into that when time allows.

I like the idea because it gets my dander up to see such obviously bogus registration information.

The more people who are complaining about it, the better it is. Perhaps, at some point, the registrar will have to verify the address /before/ they register a website. That would really put a dent in the spammers' ability to have multiple websites.

You too? That's another serious issue I alluded to. These registrars in the RIPE, APNIC and LACNIC regions couldn't care less about bogus whois info, and the whois info is always wrong for the spammers and scammers. Yet in their (also bogus) TOS they all have the gall to state that it's a violation of their TOS to use fraudulent whois data!!! I think these criminal registrars "get a cut" of the money laundered from these scams, 419 crap, etc.

On the bright side, GoDaddy will actually try and take action even when they are not the registrar! Do a whois at their site and you can report invalid whois data via the link at the bottom of the data.

When I find some cyber-terrorist that does have valid whois data, oh they pay for it. Send them magazine subscriptions, free trial vacuum cleaners, etc. etc., that they'll have to pay money to send them back, and be sure you address it to "I'M A SPAMMING SCAMMING CYBER-TERRORIST CRIMINAL PARASITE SCUMBAG". LOL. :D

So I'm supposed to waste my time at all these places trying to find out what the "correct terminology" is for websites with revolving IP addresses/hosts, just so I can post??

??? Information exists without the need to Register just so you can post. Had you looked a bit more, you'd have found that this scenario is not limited to just URLs. Even DNS servers get hosted on compromised machines.

What's with you?? Everyone else is kind and polite, helpful, yet you seem to think I have to waste more time searching for something that someone can answer in a second.

I stand by the statement. A 'new' term was brought up to you, yet you didn't want to take the time to 'look it up' .... I find that pretty damned rude myself.

You're rather confrontational aren't you. You must work for SC and don't like them being criticized. Maybe you have the time to search and search using some typical buggy forum search engine, but I DON'T. Obviously you DO have the time since you're an admin here!

You are showing more signs of not taking the time to look anything up. Please see Section 8 - SpamCop's System & Active Staff User Guide .. note all the droppings about "volunteers" in here.

how the hell would I have originally known to search for "knujon" when I never heard of it before? The logical thing to do was to simply ask, hoping someone would describe it in a nutshell, which they did.

The 'logical' thing would have been to throw that unknown term into one of the search tools available at the top of this very page. At that point, you'd have found the links to the actual site and read the total description yourself ... rather than asking someone else to spend/waste their time re-typing in that same data just to make your day go easier.

So if I can find them, I would think SC could and would finally update their info to lessen the work load on the submitees. As I stated, I have told them about these addresses but they are uninterested.

Wondering if those 'notifications' are anywhere near as friendly as you're making yourself out to be in here.

made an exception in my case because I'm critical of SC, and harassment supporting ISP's & hosts?

You have no idea how far off-base you are in the picture you're trying to paint.

Of course, the obvious answer to your specific query would have been found had you actually 'looked around' a bit. You shouldn't have much of a problem finding something that I've posted in here before you arrived.

Obviously you're the one that deleted my post on the RoadRunner thread....you must like RoadRunner.

It is extremely rare that anything gets deleted here. However, off-topic ranting does tend to get moved elsewhere. In this case, your off-topic post was split out from the inappropriate spot you posted it into, made its own Topic, and moved to the Lounge.

You should set an example here in showing some diplomacy and understanding instead of being critical and confrontational. I'm an admin for a few lists, and you'd never see me acting like this with a new member. If they ask, and I can answer, I answer. Tell ya what, once I get this thread resolved I'll leave and won't post here again, then you won't be bothered by me anymore. In the meantime, just ignore me. I NEVER get out of line unless I am first provoked.

Unlike you, I chose to take the time to build FAQs, Dictionary, Glossary, WIki, etc. just so I wouldn't have to re-type the same answers over and over and over. Apparently, unlike you, when I hit a new venue, medium, list, site, whatever, I take the time to look around a bit before jumping in with guns blazing. I can't quite recall ever taking the immediate action of giving the 'Admin' a raft of crap on my first foray into his/her area ....

Point is that you are more than welcome here, questions are good, but .... it is also expected that you will take the time to actually look around, use the tools provided, follow some of the hints and guidelines offered as to just how to ask a question. As it is, one can't help but notice that although you've offered thanks to so many others, you've also blown off questions, specific data requests, hints on completing your questions asked/offered by some of those very same people. I also find that very rude.

(I don't know what's going on with the quoting here, I'm working on trying to fix it and make all this legible).

???
Information exists without the need to Register just so you can post. Had you looked a bit more, you'd have found that this scenario is not limited to just URLs. Even DNS servers get hosted on compromised machines

Of that I am FULLY aware. As I have stated several times now, I DID SEARCH and I searched BEFORE I registered. What you seem to lack is the simple ability to fathom that I DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE F**K TO SEARCH FOR. I DID NOT KNOW THE TERM. Now if you can't comprehend that, I'm sorry.

What's with you?? Everyone else is kind and polite, helpful, yet you seem to think I have to waste more time searching for something that someone
can answer in a second.

I stand by the statement. A 'new' term was brought up to you, yet you didn't want to take the time to 'look it up' .... I find that pretty damned rude myself.

Grant it, I could have looked it up, but as I have pointed out twice now, I am not a "professional forum poster" such as yourself that has the time to stay in forums. I DO NOT. What is rude, is your attitude and treatment of others. No one else had a problem with me asking, only you.

You are showing more signs of not taking the time to look anything up. Please see
.. note all the droppings about "volunteers" in here.

Ok, you say you don't work for SC. Fine. But why would I want to look up your profile or info on staff members??? BTW, you must have either been abused by CO's in the Army, or were a type of gunny or staff Sergeant used to being rude to others. At any rate, I do commend you and thank you for being in the military, no joke. My grandfather and father were retired Army.

The 'logical' thing would have been to throw that unknown term into one of the search tools available at the top of this very page. At that point, you'd have found the links to the actual site and read the total description yourself ... rather than asking someone else to spend/waste their time re-typing in that same data just to make your day go easier.

Yes, a logical thing to do, IF ONE HAS THE TIME. Again, rudeness abound.

Wondering if those 'notifications' are anywhere near as friendly as you're making yourself out to be in here.

No need to wonder. They always start out polite. After the 20th or so attempt, then it gets to the point of being a bit more frustrated at the lack of actions. I'm not the only one frustrated at the lack of SC actions either. The ReadMe file with Complainterator20 reads: "Therefore I wrote a tool for my own use to automate the process. You feed in the domain name, and it prepares the complaint, one per name server, ready for you to verify it, to check the registrar addressees in the To: and cc: fields, make any last minute changes, and click to send. This is what I tried to convince Spamcop to http://who.is/whois-net/ip-address/armkept.com/ implement, and then Ironport, but the ears were deaf."

you made an exception in my case because I'm critical of
SC
, and harassment supporting ISP's & hosts?
You have no idea how far off-base you are in the picture you're trying to paint.

Oh? Others (who shall remain nameless) seem to agree you're lacking "tact".

It is extremely rare that anything gets deleted here. However, off-topic ranting does tend to get moved elsewhere. In this case, your off-topic post was split out from the inappropriate spot you posted it into, made its own Topic, and moved to the Lounge.

I understand.

Unlike you, I chose to take the time to build FAQs, Dictionary, Glossary, WIki, etc. just so I wouldn't have to re-type the same answers over and over and over.

??? So I'm supposed to abandon my work, my business, my customers, my family, to build FAQ's etc. on these topics, just to appease you and be "worthy" in your eyes????? FYI, I DO build FAQ's, dictionaries, glossaries, etc, FOR MY BUSINESS, and for my email forum therein.

Apparently, unlike you, when I hit a new venue, medium, list, site, whatever, I take the time to look around a bit before jumping in with guns blazing.

You haven't seen "guns blazing" yet. And again for the 3rd or 4th time, I DID SEARCH. Apparently you only hear what you want to hear.

I can't quite recall ever taking the immediate action of giving the 'Admin' a raft of crap on my first foray into his/her area ....

That's because unlike many, I'm not an ass-kisser and I won't take any BS or rude condescending treatment from anyone. I don't care who the hell they are. Some "admin" or "mod" icon means nothing to me when they are confrontational and rude! A mod or admin has a positive behavioral example to set, something at which you have obviously failed.

Point is that you are more than welcome here, questions are good, but .... it is also expected that you will take the time to actually look around, use the tools provided, follow some of the hints and guidelines offered as to just how to ask a question.

Thank you.

As it is, one can't help but notice that although you've offered thanks to so many others, you've also blown off questions, specific data requests, hints on completing your questions asked/offered by some of those very same people. I also find that very rude.

I looked over this thread again and I see not a single time I've "blown off" any questions, all were answered. I don't see any "specific data requests" either than I left unanswered.

If you feel the need to carry on this useless futile "discussion" and apparent display of testosterone content, then why not move it to a new OT area.

[Moderator comment - too many quotes in the one post is why the quotes don't work, 13 being the magic number.]

Of that I am FULLY aware. As I have stated several times now, I DID SEARCH and I searched BEFORE I registered. What you seem to lack is the simple ability to fathom that I DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE F**K TO SEARCH FOR. I DID NOT KNOW THE TERM. Now if you can't comprehend that, I'm sorry.

I can understand that because I rarely am able to find anything I want in FAQs. However, knowing that the information is there IS helpful, IMHO.

Ok, you say you don't work for SC. Fine. But why would I want to look up your profile or info on staff members??? BTW, you must have either been abused by CO's in the Army, or were a type of gunny or staff Sergeant used to being rude to others. At any rate, I do commend you and thank you for being in the military, no joke. My grandfather and father were retired Army.

There is a a banner at the top of every page that says posters are NOT employees of spamcop.

Yes, a logical thing to do, IF ONE HAS THE TIME. Again, rudeness abound.

Now I find that very rude. You think that all the posters who answered you have the time to find all the answers for you? I don't mind helping someone who, like me, just doesn't seem to have the knack of using the 'search' to find information, but I do mind being treated as though my time is not as valuable as others.

Yes, quite a few new posters and one Spamcop employee think that Wazoo is definitely lacking in tact. However, others seem to realize that Wazoo does know a lot and that he can be very helpful despite his gruffness and conviction that everyone would be happier if they learned how to research questions before posting.

??? So I'm supposed to abandon my work, my business, my customers, my family, to build FAQ's etc. on these topics, just to appease you and be "worthy" in your eyes????? FYI, I DO build FAQ's, dictionaries, glossaries, etc, FOR MY BUSINESS, and for my email forum therein.

Since you are FAQ 'builder', perhaps you would have some suggestions on how to make these FAQs easier to search & use?

Miss Betsy

Now, if you got that from my PM to you (the one where I advised you not to get get distracted by whatever you imagined to be the tone of Wazoo's posts) then you have my permission to reproduce that "here", in full. {sigh} As dear old Alf Chandler (the Chandler Macleod Alf Chandler) used to say, "The only way to out-P a high P is to to P higher." Well, you had to be there. (Or was that Bert Chandler? - Bert/Alf Chandler, Alf/Bert Macleod - whatever, sorry Bert/Alf). Back to work for me (grumble).

I comprehend that ... that's why I went on to 'complain' about the fact that so many others that "don't know the correct terminology" use their own words, definitions, descriptions .... and that's where the problem in 'searching' for those posts comes in ....

Grant it, I could have looked it up, but as I have pointed out twice now, I am not a "professional forum poster" such as yourself that has the time to stay in forums. I DO NOT.

It's 2130 here right now. I have been awake since 0300, yet this is the first time I've had the opportunity to log in and catch up here today. No I do not have all day to play these silly games. Again, that's why the other data sources were created and provided.

Ok, you say you don't work for SC. Fine. But why would I want to look up your profile or info on staff members???

So you wouldn't be stepping off the board blindly and making remarks that make you appear silly.

BTW, you must have either been abused by CO's in the Army, or were a type of gunny or staff Sergeant used to being rude to others.

Clear, concise orders/commands tend to get the mission accomplished with few misunderstandings. Rude does not enter the picture.

No need to wonder. They always start out polite. After the 20th or so attempt, then it gets to the point of being a bit more frustrated at the lack of actions. I'm not the only one frustrated at the lack of SC actions either. The ReadMe file with Complainterator20 reads: "Therefore I wrote a tool for my own use to automate the process. ..... This is what I tried to convince Spamcop to http://who.is/whois-net/ip-address/armkept.com/ implement, and then Ironport, but the ears were deaf."

Funny, you didn't mention the SpamCop FAQ as found here .... which also notes the reason for its construction. And this was years before you and/or Terry got excited ....

No idea where you came up with this thought .. on the other hand, adding data to the FAQ, Dictionary, Glossary, Wiki has always been an openly requested action for any and all users. Instead of blowing all this time bitching and complaining, there's that thought that something actually constructive might have been accomplished. Fir example, how about 'your' quality description, defintion, whatever of just what is is you were trying to describe and couldn't find in your search attempt such that the next person that shows up with his/her terminology for exactly the same issue might stumble across 'your' data and then be able to use more appropriate terms in his/her 'new' post (if it's actually required)

I looked over this thread again and I see not a single time I've "blown off" any questions, all were answered. I don't see any "specific data requests" either than I left unanswered.

Here's a coulple of items I see in my quick (re)scan ....

If you want to provide a tracking URL, I'm sure one of us here at the forums could give you a bit more detail.

Please provide an IP address for the spam source so we can do further research.

Both items mentioned in the numerous How to ask a question links provided in various places.

If you feel the need to carry on this useless futile "discussion" and apparent display of testosterone content, then why not move it to a new OT area.

Personally, still waiting for specific data/answers so that this 'discussion' might actually end up discussing something tangible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived