Spamcop Is Lieing

All of a sudden on Sunday Spamcop started refusing my reports saying that I'm not including the headers.

Every time that I try to validate an e-mail address Spamcop is now rejecting the header, saying that no IP address was found.

I am using Pine and have been since 1995. The method of displaying headers is still the same. I've been reporting to Spamcop for 2 years. I've paid into the fund twice. But I am no longer allowed to post spam.

If Spamcop would at least return my messages and show me what's wrong I could try and figure it out. Instead, it's the same old song: You screwed up but we aren't going to tell you how you screwed up. Just try it again and see if you can guess what our new rules are."

I guess that I paid just to get abused.

-= Jim =-

If this is all the data you're going to provide "here" then there isn't much of a chance for anyone "here" to take a stab at your issue. I'm actually lost on your "trying to validate an e-mail address" in conjunction with "no IP Address" .... Please contact paid-staff directly.

... Every time that I try to validate an e-mail address Spamcop is now rejecting the header, saying that no IP address was found. ...
Sounds somewhat like a mailhosting problem - if you would enter the actual error phrase into a search string (using the "Search for" box at the top of any forum page) you may find some relevant past discussion. In most such cases you would need to contact the Deputies or SpamCop Admin, as Wazoo says. service[at]admin.spamcop.net would be the prime address to use in that event.

He's trying to register a Mailhost and having trouble sending the full headers back to us so the system can read his configuration message.

I'm working with him directly.

Thanks. Moving this to the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account Forum section as it isn't a 'reporting' issue.

Archived