Filter not working?

I get messages with

<cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn> (with the < and the >)

in the Return-Path header, and

vdifef <cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn> (with the < and the >)

in the From header.

I have

cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn (without the < and the >)

in my blacklist.

Should this message be coming through? Note, the X-SpamCop-Disposition Header = Blacklist cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn !

Should this message be coming through? Note, the X-SpamCop-Disposition Header = Blacklist cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn !
The message should be ending up in your Held Mail fiolder, which I assume it was since you have the X-SpamCop-Disposition Header = Blacklist cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn line.

The only other option I can see is if you have a Filter to pull messages from Held Mail.

The message should be ending up in your Held Mail fiolder, which I assume it was since you have the X-SpamCop-Disposition Header = Blacklist cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn line.

The only other option I can see is if you have a Filter to pull messages from Held Mail.

Or there's an additional disposition line that states that the To: address was whitelisted, usually seen due the user whitelisting his/her own e-mail address. ?????

Yet another case where a Tracking URL would actually help to stop all the guessing and the question/answer routine trying to dig out the specifics that aren't made visible in a 'description' of a few bits and parts of a spam/e-mail.

In this case, even the "getting through" verbiage might need definition.

cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn is on my filter list and yet the following two messages were delivered today:

1. http://mailsc.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=gett...rtid=2747011360

2. http://mailsc.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=gett...rtid=2747011673 and

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/sc?track=http%3A...%2Fh%2F%3Fgbbsp

The filter rule is

If

From contains cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn

Or Source contains cjyoujsd[at]yahoo.com.cn

Then

Delete message completely.

It is the first rule on my list. So - What's the deal?

Please see: FAQ Entry: Getting a Tracking URL from a Report ID

The links you provided are useful only to yourself and maybe the deputies.

As asked previously in a different way, are you finding these in your inbox or held mail?

Filter rules are only applied automatically to the Inbox if the proper options set. The will need to be applied manually to any other folder the messages are in.

You may want to check out this link as well: FAQ about the personal webmail filters, Client filters within webmail

The links you provided are useful only to yourself and maybe the deputies.

As asked previously in a different way, are you finding these in your inbox or held mail?

Filter rules are only applied automatically to the Inbox if the proper options set.

All filter options are checked:

X Apply filter rules upon logging on?

X Apply filter rules whenever INBOX is displayed?

X Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox?

X Show the filter icon on the menubar?

However I saw that I was filtering only unseen messages. I changed this to filter all messages. This should not have made a difference since this is the first filter on the list and nothing should have been marked read prior to operation of this filter.

I provided the links because SteveU pinged me for not doing so : "Yet another case where a Tracking URL would actually help to stop all the guessing...." I thought I said before that the messages were ending up in heldmail, maybe not. However that applied only to the blacklist entry - I've seen nothing in the Help anywhere that says blacklisted mail should be delivered. Quite the opposite, Help says it will not be delivered.

These messages above also appeared in heldmail. But again, for this filter I selected "delete message completely," so it should at best end up in the trash.

All filter options are checked:

X Apply filter rules upon logging on?

X Apply filter rules whenever INBOX is displayed?

X Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox?

X Show the filter icon on the menubar?

I provided the links because SteveU pinged me for not doing so : "Yet another case where a Tracking URL would actually help to stop all the guessing...." I thought I said before that the messages were ending up in heldmail, maybe not. However that applied only to the blacklist entry - I've seen nothing in the Help anywhere that says blacklisted mail should be delivered.

I agree that the TrackingURL would help us see exatcly what is happening. The links you provided are NOT TrackingULR's. They are ReportID's which only you can open (they are associated with your SpamCop reporting account). I provided a link to directions above.

Quite the opposite, Help says it will not be delivered.

"not be delivered" for the blocking list/blacklist could be replaced with "be placed in the Held Mail folder". SpamCop intends to deliver to your account every message sent to your address for you to determine whether it is spam or not.

These messages above also appeared in heldmail. But again, for this filter I selected "delete message completely," so it should at best end up in the trash.

Are you applying these filters manually? Only the Inbox is filtered on login, even if you set another folder as the first one opened. No way to modify that that I have ever been able to find, just the way Horde IMP is designed. See the links I provided previously for a bit more information.

Are you applying these filters manually? Only the Inbox is filtered on login, even if you set another folder as the first one opened. No way to modify that that I have ever been able to find, just the way Horde IMP is designed. See the links I provided previously for a bit more information.

No, I'm not applying them manually - they are all automatic. And the only folder that ever opens first for me is the inbox.

No, I'm not applying them manually - they are all automatic. And the only folder that ever opens first for me is the inbox.

Well, there you go. The files are in the Held Mail folder but the automatic filters only apply to the Inbox (just the way Horde IMP works). Try going into the Held Mail folder and applying the filters there and see if they work for you.

The only filter I have setup for real use (rather than testing of others probles) needs to be run this way because it is designed to move any messages sent to one of my plussed addresses from the Held Mail folder back to the Inbox.

Archived