Totally Hosed

GaryG

I don't know what I did but I can't logon to spamcop.net to set options, and so on. My userid and password worked earlier this evening, then I tried some sort of "upgrade" to reporting spam or something and got an "{expected" robot email message from spamcop, which I tried to forward to another spamcop Web site, then, since that failed, to another spamcop email address. Both methods failed and now I can't logon. Either my userid or password or both are hosed. What the heck do I do now coach? I'm not even sure if I know how to post this question, but I'll try.

Gary

I don't know what I did but I can't logon to spamcop.net to set options, and so on. My userid and password worked earlier this evening, then I tried some sort of "upgrade" to reporting spam or something and got an "{expected" robot email message from spamcop, which I tried to forward to another spamcop Web site, then, since that failed, to another spamcop email address. Both methods failed and now I can't logon. Either my userid or password or both are hosed. What the heck do I do now coach? I'm not even sure if I know how to post this question, but I'll try.

It sounds like you attempted to setup mailhosts for your account to aid spamcop by telling them what servers to expect in your spam. That should not affect your username/password. First, I would try clearing your browser cache and cookies and try logging in again. If that does not work, you best bet is to email deputies[at]spamcop.net.

You posted this into the support Forum .. however placing it into a section setup for, titled, and defined as;

How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials > SpamCop Forum

System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option .... Questions still needed to be asked about How to use/do something are to be posted into that function's Forum section.

This Topic will be moved to the Reporting Help Forum section with this post, as it appears that this is the section actually being queried about ....

which I tried to forward to another spamcop Web site

Not sure what you mean by that. SpamCop actually only has two web-sites, www.spamcop.net and forum.spamcop.net ... neither of which you can "forward" anything to ....

to another spamcop email address. Both methods failed

As Steve suggested, the only thing that could possibly tie into this would seem to be the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account which has its own Forum section, its own instructions, its own troubleshooting procedures .. none of which relate directly to account login data. Basically, your query is more than a bit confusing due to a lot of missing specific detail ....

and now I can't logon. Either my userid or password or both are hosed. What the heck do I do now coach?

An entry provided here in the single-page-access-expanded version of the SpamCop FAQ found from the links at the top of this page would seem to be the most likely; Password Problems?

In case you are also making some assumptions, please see; Why are there so many different account names/passwords needed?

In general, your Reporting Account is tied to the e-mail address that you Registerd as your contact address to the Parsing & Reporting System. My recollection is that there is in fact a 'Forgot Password' function availabe. Failing all else, follow the instructions provided via the links above.

...robot email message from spamcop, which I tried to forward to another spamcop Web site, then, since that failed, to another spamcop email address. ...
...Not sure what you mean by that. SpamCop actually only has two web-sites, www.spamcop.net and forum.spamcop.net ... neither of which you can "forward" anything to ...

In general, your Reporting Account is tied to the e-mail address that you Registerd as your contact address to the Parsing & Reporting System. My recollection is that there is in fact a 'Forgot Password' function availabe. Failing all else, follow the instructions provided via the links above.

Let's see - Gary had two reporting accounts one of which he presumably dropped (Don indicated that would be OK IIUC so I would have guessed they were with the same provider WRT mailhosts?). Anyway, I'm now guessing there may be some residual confusion between the two accounts (though one was paying, one was not) *or* that the hosts for the two machines are actually different? Can't quite process the ramifications in my head (and too much guessing anyway).

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9258

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9229

I don't know what I did but I can't logon to spamcop.net
There isn't anything you can do that would result in you not being able to log into your SpamCop reporting account.

Your account is in good standing and waiting for you.

Your username is your whole email address.

Right now, your Verizon email address is bouncing my mail with a "User Unknown" error.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived