Blogger based Spamsite's not recognized by Spamcop

Hello,

I stert receiving spam messages whom contain a link to a pharma site on blogger (google). It seems to be the same pharma company who has many blogger site's.

Mail content contains a valid url which doesn't get recognized by spamcop.

-------Example 1 -----------

Make your life better! Best solution to solve mens problems in the bed!

*EXPLORE MORE* <http://yfotakopicyrba.blogspot.com/>

----------END ----------

----------Example 2 --------

Make your life better! Best solution to solve mens promblems in the bed!

*EXPLORE MORE* <http://yecycesysedeehpx.blogspot.com/>

-------------END ----------------------

It would be nice that we could report these to Blogger throug Spamcop instead of spamcop not recognizing them.

Thx

Mail content contains a valid url which doesn't get recognized by spamcop.

You say "valid" and provide some snippets of data.

I say, without a Tracking URL, it's hard to talk about the construct those spamvertised URLs are actually in. There may be any of a dozen or so reasons why those URLs "don't get recognized" by the parser.

It would be nice that we could report these to Blogger throug Spamcop instead of spamcop not recognizing them.

There is nothing to prevent you from sending your own manually generated Reports / Complaints to the allegedly interested Host of these things.

There could be many reasons why these URLs are not picked up in the parse. As Wazoo notes, without a tracking URL it is difficult to do more than speculate. But it is possible that Blogger has said they don't wish to receive these reports.

I don't, normally, report URLs in Emails anyway. My experience is that such reporting is ineffective and a waste of effort whereas reporting IP addresses does update the blocklist.

Andrew

Here follow 2 suchs emails in a row , Spamcop says No source ip found, cannot proceed.

I dunno what that means, i don't really care or could possibly understand that either.

What i do ask myself & like to see answerder is how do i make sure these stop ?

They aren't even adressed to me (but i might have been a bcc)

PS : don't flame me for doing something wrong but tell me what you need more or what you want me to do

Thx

------------- Mail 1--------------------------

Delivered-To: myemailname[at]mymailhost.com

Received: by 10.151.145.10 with SMTP id x10cs61739ybn;

Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.86.52.6 with SMTP id z6mr804592fgz.48.1212776822761;

Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.86.74.13 with HTTP; Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

Message-ID: <e4a655250806061127u5782c0b1o7e5dcff81bf0855b[at]mail.gmail.com>

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:27:02 -0700

To: leanna.fullard[at]era.com

Subject: Start using IT. Your woman will be happy. adlibs hurl.

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_Part_7640_15709654.1212776822743"

------=_Part_7640_15709654.1212776822743

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Content-Disposition: inline

[image: To see picture enable this function in your email client. valued

slims]

------------- Mail2 --------------------------------------------

Delivered-To: myemailname[at]myemailhost.com

Received: by 10.151.145.10 with SMTP id x10cs51994ybn;

Fri, 6 Jun 2008 07:06:03 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.78.197.9 with SMTP id u9mr86819huf.56.1212761125636;

Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:05:25 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.78.183.4 with HTTP; Fri, 6 Jun 2008 07:05:25 -0700 (PDT)

Message-ID: <1aeb7d370806060705s454f2432ie2a4b1acc3d4a591[at]mail.gmail.com>

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 07:05:25 -0700

To: gillart[at]earthlink.net

Subject: Don't stay at the work. Go home and ... your woman. turned oryxes.

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_Part_5626_4857166.1212761125618"

------=_Part_5626_4857166.1212761125618

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Content-Disposition: inline

[image: To see picture enable this function in your email client. finder

ague]

<MODERATOR: Cut out the bodies of these spam messages... we all see enough of our own.>

Here follow 2 suchs emails in a row , Spamcop says No source ip found, cannot proceed.

I dunno what that means, i don't really care or could possibly understand that either.

PS : don't flame me for doing something wrong but tell me what you need more or what you want me to do

If you had provided the link at the top of the parse that failed (TrackingURL), we would have seen the message exactly as you submitted it.

These 2 both appear to be gmail on gmail attacks. The messages never left the google network, so the IP's are not public, and they can not be reported through SpamCop. You would need to report these directly to google.

Beyond that, I'm not sure you are extracting the body of the message correctly or if Google is putting the "[image: To see picture enable this function in your email client. valued

slims]" but that does not look like a nornal part of an email body.

<snip>

...Here are a couple of ideas for you that will tell you what we need to help you or help you help yourself.
  • Announcement: [How-to] Post a Question (and prevent stupid/rude answers) (found near the top of the list of message links on the first page of the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Forum and all other SpamCop forums).
  • Near the top of any SpamCop Forum page, find the input box between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO," enter the string "No source IP address found, cannot proceed" (including the quote marks) press one of the aforementioned buttons, then follow the links to see if any of the Forum posts started by others with the same problem applies to your situation.

As Steven stated, these are e-mails sent from one GMail account another ... thusly the only IP Addresses seen within the headers provided are non-routable IP Addresses .. someone's internal network, which is seen to be GMail's network in this case.

There isn't any way to "make these stop" ... not getting errors when submitting them to the parser would require that you learn a bit about header data and do a bit of analysis on the spam involved before, during, or after seeing the parse results (more or less depending on just how you do your submittals) .... turn on Full / Technical Details in teh parse results and learn what a 'good' parse looks like so you can see what went wrong with a 'bad' submittal. However, you really need to care at least a little bit ... again, the rules clearly state that "YOU" are responsible for which Reports go out and where they end up being sent.

If you don't care about things, then I guess it's a total waste of time to point out that a number of folks have spent a lot of time developing a Dictionary, a Glossary, a much expanded FAQ (list of Frequently Asked Questions) and the Wiki to try to answer questions, define terminology, explain functions, resolve problems, on and on ....

Okay ,

i reported them at Blogger , whom are aware about this thing happening but say they only will act against the blog if the contents is in anyway against the law.

I dunno if it is against thre law to use a blog as a redirector commercial website. So i don't know if they will act against ther blog , as they cannot act against the spam.

I also looked all these mailms up in my gmail account & marked them as spam there , maybe they will recognize them so in the future ( i use mi own mailclient to read my gmail so i don't actually mark the pastthrough spam mails as spam regullary on gmail)

I also want to apologize for atleast not using the search on the forum & for my negativiness after the first few answers.

Ofcourse , i do care , but things sometimes become too complicated for me to understand.

I do think the comunity did a great efford creating this forum, Faq & wiki , glossary & directory - & thinking about those now , i should have checked them first - again my apologies to the comunity for not using their tools.

Last, i do check my mails before posting them as spam on spamcop, the last time i made a mistake in reporting a mail i opted into dates many years back (that was in the days i used the spamcop mail plugin for Apple Mail which made life alot easier)

Thx again for these last replies

<snip>

I also want to apologize for atleast not using the search on the forum & for my negativiness after the first few answers.

Ofcourse , i do care , but things sometimes become too complicated for me to understand.

I do think the comunity did a great efford creating this forum, Faq & wiki , glossary & directory - & thinking about those now , i should have checked them first - again my apologies to the comunity for not using their tools.

<snip>

...Not only were your reactions mild but you show yourself a truly admirable person for bothering to apologize. And thank you for the kind words to the community!

i reported them at Blogger , whom are aware about this thing happening but say they only will act against the blog if the contents is in anyway against the law.
For what it may be worth, I find that Google (Blogger) has moved against spam redirectors; I actually did some tracking on this a few months back and found that some of these blog portals turned into TOS pages within 1-2 days of receiving the spam -- pretty darned fast for such a large operation.

Google has also made it easier to report Blogger portals -- previously you could only do this by hitting the "flag" button (which often never appeared due to the spammer's immediate redirects), but now they have provided the link that btech posted above. Same applies to Googlepages redirectors, they also have a convenient link for reporting them, and these have also tended to disappear quickly after such reporting. In my own case, I am getting virtually none of these anymore, where I used to get dozens every day a couple of months ago.

-- rick

Archived